Wheat for man: The staff of life

SpiritDragon

Spirit Dragon, have you listened to Dr. Wahls' explanation on Mitochondria?  She explains why exactly we need to eat whole foods.  She personally was dx'd with MS.  She was in a wheelchair.  She quit chemo and radically changed her diet.  She went from a wheel chair to walking in months and in 8 months was riding a bike.

I truly believe there isn't a disease out there that can't be cured with what Heavenly Father gave us - FOOD!  Novel idea: Food as Medicine.  But its working for me.  I've been drinking dandelion root tea every day and my chronic kidney issues are gone.  I also take Milk Thistle.  I sweeten my tea with local raw honey and my allergies are nearly gone.  I rarely take a Zyrtec anymore.  I can breath.

Last winter I saw a recipe for a natural decongestant.  Radishes and ginger and honey.  Surprise! Surprise!  Works as good as Sudafed.

No I can't say I'm familiar with Dr Wahl. I'll have to look into it, it does sound interesting. Do you have a link?

Edit: I found her TED talk.

Spirit Dragon, have you listened to Dr. Wahls' explanation on Mitochondria?  She explains why exactly we need to eat whole foods.  She personally was dx'd with MS.  She was in a wheelchair.  She quit chemo and radically changed her diet.  She went from a wheel chair to walking in months and in 8 months was riding a bike.

I truly believe there isn't a disease out there that can't be cured with what Heavenly Father gave us - FOOD!  Novel idea: Food as Medicine.  But its working for me.  I've been drinking dandelion root tea every day and my chronic kidney issues are gone.  I also take Milk Thistle.  I sweeten my tea with local raw honey and my allergies are nearly gone.  I rarely take a Zyrtec anymore.  I can breath.

Last winter I saw a recipe for a natural decongestant.  Radishes and ginger and honey.  Surprise! Surprise!  Works as good as Sudafed.

I agree with this.  My kids go to a Holistic MD and we prevent/treat health issues mostly with nutritional adjustments.

But... you can't completely discount traditional medicine in treatment.  There are times - like when my kid got pneumonia - that the holistic method is far riskier than the antiobiotic drip, a risk I can't gamble my kid's life with.

Like everything in life - things need to be in proper balance.