History Lovers?

RustonIsMyHome

I have to admit I too am a history lover. Very interested in 1500 and 1600's. We've been able to trace family history beyond those dates. I have ancestors who were involved with "housing" Mary Queen of Scots for several years. It's interesting to read history books and see mention of names I see in my own lineage. Perhaps that's why I have such a dream to visit England someday. To see some of the places that are mentioned. Okay as a side note. If I come from a lineage of the nobility with wealth....why by the time I came around are we so poor? :P

I like history a lot. Most of my history is through the people who were up front during it. I have read about eight books on Jefferson. Books on about 2/3's of the Presidents. More books than I can remember on Lincoln (he is my favorite historical figure by far) as well as several on Roosevelt. Worldwide Churchill is a must. As is Napoleon. I've read serveral on Hitler. I just couldn't get how that guy was able to do what he did.... after all that reading... I still can't. Books on Stalin and Lenin and Mao. i AM HAVING MY kid read Miracle at Philadelphia (about the Constitution). And I have read several books of that era as well. Some civil way 'military tomes' but they don't interest me as much.

I guess it is safe to say I like American History the most, followed by the history from 1919-1952. Probably because those are the histories that most affected my life. Or were in my imagination.