Mothers Day

I usually make my mom a personalized Mother's Day card with my computer. It has my own pictures and words of thanks for all that she has done for me over the years on it. I also give her a gift. Then we go to church. After the service, I take her to dinner. :D

I am treating myself to a weekend by myself going on a camping and fishing trip down the Kenai pensiula. Well, okay, I won't be totally alone in bear country... I will be bringing my faithful and quiet companion, Cookie, my black lab/austrailain shephard mix.

If the kids want to do something for me, that is fine, but mostly I just want to get away for a while. Selfish, yes, I am. :-)

I'll be leaving soon after Mother's Day, so I'll be going all-out as usual. Breakfast in bed, then after Church, we'll put the wife in a hammock and give her orders to relax in the shade while we grill her some steaks and bake some homemade bread. Let her take a nice nap, and the kids will give her the cards they've made...

I'll be leaving soon after Mother's Day, so I'll be going all-out as usual. Breakfast in bed, then after Church, we'll put the wife in a hammock and give her orders to relax in the shade while we grill her some steaks and bake some homemade bread. Let her take a nice nap, and the kids will give her the cards they've made...

I can almost smell those steaks grilling now........lol. I have great one! :D

As much as I LOVE to be with my child and my husband, alone time is something I rarely ever get. I may ask for a hotel room for a night this year. Not ON Mother's Day itself, but a gift card for it after a particularly stressful week at work. It would be heaven to me to check in to a hotel on Friday after work, go for a swim, order room service, lay in bed and watch TV all night, then sleep in.

Yep, that's what I'll ask for!

just to say thank you for giving me 6 boys.

Chanteemom,

You are a woman of tremendous courage! I was YM Pres for a couple of years, as well as SS teacher for one year, and I was ALWAYS glad to get home! My wife and I have 3 daughters, and I have never once regretted not having any sons. I saw what they did to other people's houses!

Don't get me wrong. I loved the YM. I needed the pure testosterone submersion from time to time, but it was a lot like grandkids: when I'm tired of you, I'll go home or send you home!

You deserve a week off, at a spa or something really girly...

a joke for the mom's

Mommy Test

I was out walking with my 4 year old daughter. She picked up

something off the ground and started to put it in her mouth. I

took the item away from her and I asked her not to do that.

"Why?" my daughter asked.

"Because it's been on the ground, you don't know where it's

been, it's dirty and probably has germs" I replied.

At this point, my daughter looked at me with total admiration

and asked, "Mommy, how do you know all this stuff? You are so

smart."

I was thinking quickly. "All moms know this stuff. It's on the

Mommy Test. You have to know it, or they don't let you be a

Mommy."

We walked along in silence for 2 or 3 minutes, but she was

evidently pondering this new information. "OH...I get it!" she

beamed, "So if you don't pass the test you have to be the

daddy."

"Exactly" I replied back with a big smile on my face.