LDS Modern Music

immrblack

I have over 20 years in the music industry. I have worked in radio in some capacity or other 10+ years. I am working on a radio station and am looking for input on Modern LDS artists to play. Everything from Brandon Flowers to Kascade. Octapella to ponchillo. Any assistance in compiling a list of band or songs that you might like is appreciated.

you can visit the temporary site at

ldSaints.com

Please feel free to post any song / artist suggestions, with links if you have them, here. Or I also have contact info on the website ldSaints.com

Have a good day.

Sincerely,

Christian

so what are they like a group? do they sing? have people heard of them?

It's a choir and they sing and they're quite popular. Their Christmas albums are great. They sang with Josh Gorban for the song Noel which was nominated for a Grammy for Best Traditional Pop Vocals in 2009. Battle Hymn of the Republic won a Grammy for Best Pop Performance by a Group or Chorus in 1960. You can search for that in YouTube. They typically hold Christmas concerts with guest singers like Gladys Knight and Jane Seymour.

Now, if we're just talking LDS artists, not necessarily LDS songs... there's David Archuleta, and there's the band Awesome (the lead singer is LDS). I don't know if the Osmonds still make music but they're also LDS. Gladys Knight is LDS since 2007 but ever since she became LDS she has not released a solo album. She does have a choir that produces albums. Can't remember the name of the choir, but they're also good.

Moderator I was joking about the MTC. Of course I know who they are!!

Anatess yes Lindsey is one of the artists I will be playing. She does great with the combination of violin and electronic dance music. Another artist in that genre that I like is a fellow named Kascade who graduated from BYU and has a bunch of great songs.

I'll also consider bands that have Mormons in the group, like Neon Trees. And others that have members that are LDS. And covers of traditional LDS songs. They don't all have to be traditional songs though.

Im looking for moden and current sounding. Could be David archuletta could be the RM soundtrack. As long as its good and there's a Mormon connection. I even want to hear unsigned artists..as long as they have professionally produced tracks, I'll give them consideration.

Thanks for all the suggestions! Keep em coming and if you have any friends who are musicians tell them to contact me. You can do so thru my website at ldsaints.com.

Thanks again!

Christian

As an LDS musician, I am especially interested in making modern music that encourages Christianity. I recently released an electronica style Christ centered Christmas album. Check out "Epic Carols" at milocraft | Mega-Delight In A Sonic Form Factor.

You can stream the entire album for free. It is also available for purchase at every major music distributor (iTunes, Amazon.com, Google Play, etc.)

If you have any marketing suggestions please let me know. I'm eager to get it out there for the next Christmas season.

Mindy Gledhill is an LDS indie artist. I like her voice. She also has a Christmas Album (Winter Moon).

Mindy Gledhill - Indie singer songwriter that will leave you floating like a scoop of vanilla ice cream in a strawberry soda.Mindy Gledhill

She kind of fits with my favorite non-lds female artists (A Fine Frenzy, Agnes Obel, Emiliana Torrini, Soley, Gemma Hayes).