Is this trend just in my area?

Backroads

Thinking back (I was born in '85) I remember we did... I can only call it 'faux gay' stuff. Seem's like it was an understood joke between guy's. Sometimes it got pushed too far and everyone was given the heebie jeebies...

But that's wasn't nearly as over the edge as described in the OP, it was just, pretend hitting on etc... stupid stuff.

Drama students... that's your problem. LOL!

My kid is in a school of the arts middle school. Never saw any of this happening there. You know where I saw it? In the school my kid went to in the Philippines. The kids were pretending to be gay. That's the problem with an Asian culture that likes to mimic Western culture. They think it's cool because being gay is celebrated in the West and that's what they think gays do. And it's a Catholic school and the teachers are having a grand time trying to figure out how to approach it in the new-fangled politically correct manner.

Oh boy.... don't tell them the American stereotypes of Catholic schools and their attendants.

I've noticed this behavior increasing probably since high school and have had discussions with others noticing it.

Young men, who as far as I can tell and they express are perfectly straight, are becoming a lot more touchy feelly... with each other. Now I don't condemn appropriate physical affection between men, but what I worriedly observe is teenage boys pretty much rubbing up on each other.

When asked about it, they laugh and put it under the label of physical affection of the modern man.

Myself and others can't help but think it's a way to get some "excitement" while still staying within the technical bounds of the law of chastity. A loophole.

Thoughts? Anyone else seen anything like this?

Times have changed a bit, even a few years can make a big difference.

Now a days while at the mall I see kids wearing fox tails and their hats just lightly set on top of their heads tilted to the side. When I was their age the "fringe and emo" look were all the latest rage again.

Think of it like a fad, everything comes and goes, this too will pass and some other oddball behavior or mannerisms will arise in time to replace them.

In my high school (2003-2007) hugs were normal between guys, but anything beyond that was often crossing boundaries. A simple handshake works for me personally.