How to transform an LDS bachelor pad into an extension of the holy temple

I recently had the privilege to dedicate my home. It was a sacred experience and I blogged about it to encourage other single adults to build a Christ-centered living environment.

Here’s an excerpt from my article posted on my blog:

When Elder Richard G. Scott spoke last April about building a Christ-centered home, I was touched by his remarks and resolved to do my part to create such an environment. After pondering Elder Scott’s talk, I prayerfully considered how I could improve the living environment in my home. I felt impressed to dedicate my home, which meant giving it a special blessing to set it apart as a sacred place. In the same way that our chapels and temples are dedicated to set these buildings apart as a sacred place, the members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also known as LDS or Mormon) have the opportunity to set apart their homes and invite the Lord’s blessings in their lives.

As a single adult, I recognized that my situation was different from a traditional family. I was renting a modest home with two other Mormon roommates, but I still felt it was important to bless our home to invite the Lord’s presence more fully into our lives.

Click here to read the full article!

Edited by MalcolmRavenclaw