Want advice for protecting the underside of my car

Still_Small_Voice

I was looking into spraying the under side of a new car that was purchased to protect it from the salt on winter roads.

Does anyone have any experience with this? What product should I buy? Where should I spray it specifically? Should I avoid spraying it on the muffler?

Here is something I was looking at:

3M/16 oz. professional grade rubberized undercoating (3584) | Top and Under Coating | AutoZone.com

If you live somewhere like the Great Lakes areas, places with long, hard winters where salt is used on the roads a lot, this might be worthwhile. Otherwise, I would save my money.

Edited by Vort
He talkses like my precious, yes he doeses.

I was looking into spraying the under side of a new car that was purchased to protect it from the salt on winter roads.

Does anyone have any experience with this? What product should I buy? Where should I spray it specifically? Should I avoid spraying it on the muffler?

Here is something I was looking at:

3M/16 oz. professional grade rubberized undercoating (3584) | Top and Under Coating | AutoZone.com

Your product isn't available in the U.S.

Wash your car every couple of months during the winter and pay the extra couple of dollars for the undercarriage rinse. It doesn't even need a treatment...just spray enough water up there to dilute the salt. This should be more than sufficient.

Keep in mind, I've had cars that I've never done more than take to a car wash for a standard wash after the winter was over and the undercarriage never had problems for the life of the car. This is one of those things that car washes will tell you is more important than it is so that you spend more money on the car wash.

Texas road dust works well for me. Just keep a steady stream of it blowing on the undercarriage, and rust there is pretty much a non-issue.

:P