Truckers Will Intentionally Jam Washington D.C. Beltway in a Protest

Still_Small_Voice

Formerly known as “Truckers to Shutdown America,” the “Truckers for the Constitution” rally will intentionally jam the Washington, D.C. beltway to bring attention to a wide range of issues and condemn specific political leaders, including President Barack Obama.

The protest will reportedly span three days, starting on the morning of Oct. 11.

However, Earl Conlon, a Georgia trucker helping organize the protest, is also creating controversy by claiming that truckers will arrest “everyone in government who has violated their oath of office” if the police refuse to uphold “their constitutional oath” and make the arrests themselves. To justify the tactic, Conlon reportedly cited the idea of a citizens grand jury.

‘Truckers for the Constitution’ Will Intentionally Jam D.C. Beltway, Arrest Congressmen If Cops Won’t, Organizer Claims | TheBlaze.com

Edited by pam

The First Amendment of the Constitution reads:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

This is not peacefully assembling. I see what they are trying to do but it likely will not work. The people who participate in this will likely end up behind bars and or paying fines.

I drove to work this morning on the inner loop of the belt way where, from what I remember reading and hearing, these truckers are planning to drive. I didn't see any that I thought were part of this movement/demonstration. I was on the inner loop from 9AM to about 9:45AM. On the station I listen to for news and traffic reports(WTOP) I heard that small groups of trucks were on the beltway already and that the numbers are expected to grow throughout the day. On my way home today I will be on the outer loop but will be watching to see if I see anything on the inner loop on my way home.

You're welcome.

A couple days ago I was considering taking an alternate route to avoid almost all the beltway but when I heard on the radio yesterday that it wasn't really starting until 9AM. I decided to make a decision this morning and since I drive up I-95 N that gives me about 30 minutes to listen to what is going on around the belt way before getting on it. What I heard made me decide I would be fine on the belt way this morning.