I'm Blessed

Blessed

7 years ago I became a member of my church's webboard and I had to pick a moniker. Sitting at the computer I sat thinking of various names, but wanted something that really captured all of who I am. So I typed out the name Blessed. I chose that name as I looked at all the good in my life and even the bad aspects and see how my life had played out and I truly felt Blessed. It has stuck with me from board to board. :)

How did you chose your moniker and what makes it so special? I wanna know.

Guest Username-Removed

7 years ago I became a member of my church's webboard and I had to pick a moniker. Sitting at the computer I sat thinking of various names, but wanted something that really captured all of who I am. So I typed out the name Blessed. I chose that name as I looked at all the good in my life and even the bad aspects and see how my life had played out and I truly felt Blessed. It has stuck with me from board to board. :)

How did you chose your moniker and what makes it so special? I wanna know.

I have many on-line names from the 10 or so forums that I visit regularly, yet I've never been on an LDS forum before - I didnt even know one existed! For me, I've always had things to say about anything other than LDS stuff. Now that I am 100% active again, in good standing, I have a lot to say! So, be prepared for a FLOOD! :wacko:

My original appellation was ApostleKnight...had to do with how I viewed myself. Then someone hacked this site and deleted my account.

So I wanted a new name that invokes thoughts of Christ's atonement.

Crimson = blood

Kairos = "The right time" or "God's appointed time" (literally means "opportunity" in Greek)

CrimsonKairos = God's appointed time to bleed = Gethsemane/Calvary

Let's see....why did I choose pam? Hmmm....well perhaps it's because of my first name. Or Pammy (there you go Dr. T) It does suit me. What makes me special? Well..because I just am. :P

I used to use the phrase Halfheimers all the time. Could only remember half of anything. Still jokingly use it somewhat. My dad has Alzheimers so probably not quite as much.

Mine's from Sat. Night Live. When I was in college, there was a skit where the copier guy (Richmeister) added 'meister' or 'stress' to everyone's name who walked in to make copies. 'Shannon' (which is my name) walked in and he addressed her as 'Shanstress'. That name stuck through college and afterward.

70 is the year of my birth.

Well when i was in high school my best freind (still is) didn't like my name cause i got alot of teasing for it, (Lisa Gay) so one day at the store she saw a tag with Lisa Jo on it and from that day (25 years ago) i have been Lisa Jo :D Now mind you i do like my name, my brother named me but for sites and fun it's Lisa Jo

From one of my all-time favorite songs, Outshined, by Soundgarden. B) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHuyB9V7sdo

That scream Chris Cornell lets out after the second chorus still gives me goose bumps...

I knew I recognized your name form somewhere, but couldn't remember where. I like Soundgarden. :)

Shantress... that is a funny way to be addressed! :D

Lisa Jo is wayyyyy better than Lisa Gay!! DOH! :blink::sparklygrin:

That's funny, Maureen. We have a wolf/german shepherd mix named Meisha.

Smartest dog I've ever known. In her old age, now she's the laziest dog I've ever known...acts like she should be treated as a person, not a dog.

Wolves are too smart for their own good. :hmmm: