Mormon Tabernacle Choir at Christmas.

bytebear

So, we are taking our annual Christmas pilgrimage to Utah, and we'd like to see the choir. It looks like there are concerts on Dec 12th(Thurs) -15th(Sat). We'd love to see them that Thursday. A few questions.

1. What's the best way to secure tickets?

2. We will have an 18 month old baby. He's very well behaved, but I suspect he cannot be in the conference center during the concert. Is there a cry room, or a place where someone can hang out during the concert with him while everyone else attends the concert. I suppose Temple Square works in a pinch, but was wondering what others have done.

3. Will Sunday attire be expected? Can we to in jeans? I know we won't be turned away, but what's the protocol?

You could try to get standby tickets if you don't get chosen. I did standby for the James Taylor/Mormon Tabernacle Choir & Utah Symphony and got in. BTW it was an amazing concert!

Edit: Do you have any friends/family in the area who could watch the little one while you went to the program? Standby would add almost two extra hours to your time there in the Temple Square area. To me it was worth it.

Edited by classylady

It says up to 4 tickets per household. We have 4 different households, so are going to enter 4 times, and hopefully get at least one set of tickets. We're just hoping to get 4 which will actually work out since that covers the people who really want to see the choir, and the rest can hang out around Temple Square or the mall with the baby. If we get more tickets a few more of us can see the concert too but that's just gravy. I can't imagine us getting 16 tickets, but it is possible, so we may be offering tickets on here if we catch a windfall. I'll let you know.

I signed up for tickets for the Friday night performance. We shall see but I have better request that night off from work JUST in case. :) I've never seen a live performance of the MoTab in all my years. Oh wait...they came to San Diego when I was a teenager and I saw them then.

I signed up for tickets for the Friday night performance. We shall see but I have better request that night off from work JUST in case. :) I've never seen a live performance of the MoTab in all my years. Oh wait...they came to San Diego when I was a teenager and I saw them then.

I went to Music and the Spoken Word a few years back, and I am sure I have been to concerts over the years when I lived in Salt Lake but don't remember. This will be nice though, since M&tSW is pretty small, although they did sing Battle Hymn of the Republic after the taping which was wonderful. The Conference Center is awesome too. Great lighting and acoustics.

So, we are taking our annual Christmas pilgrimage to Utah, and we'd like to see the choir. It looks like there are concerts on Dec 12th(Thurs) -15th(Sat). We'd love to see them that Thursday.

We put in for tickets on the 15th- We'll be in town for a residency interview at UofU. Woo hoo! I don't know much, but I do know it's a lottery for tickets- as far as I know there isn't any sure way to secure tickets... although with connections I'm sure anything is always possible. I just lack any connections. :) When we went for Music and the Spoken Word, everyone was in Sunday attire- so even though it is simply "encouraged", you might feel a bit out of place in anything less.... you would also be "that guy" wearing a Hawaiian shirt on the wide angle shot.... which could be good if you DVR the show- you'll always know where you were sitting. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just realized the chances of me getting tickets is pretty small. I mean. I put in for tickets for Friday the 13th.

I knew my chances were slim. I just got the email that I didn't get chosen for the lottery for tickets. But I am invited to purchase a MoTab cd. :(