Buckeye Football

Churchmouse

Now it's nineteen straight wins for OSU.

I'm sure there are some BYU fans here. They won a close one by one point. I've only been to one BYU game. It was years ago. Not sure what year, but I met Sen. Jake Garn.

Our Bishop told us we shouldn't go because we wouldn't be back for in time for Church Sunday because it was a night game in Philadelphia against Temple. We told him we would be there Sunday morning. We drove all night and walked in during the opening hymn. He just shook his head. The good news is BYU is playing at Cincinnati in 2016. We're making plans already.

Ohio State University (my alma mater) has the nations longest winning streak. Currently ranked fourth by the AP. Another undefeated season should get them a shot at the national championship game. Any Alabama, Clemson or Oregon fans here?

No. Even if I were, I wouldn't give you the pleasure of knowing it. :D

Go Blue! (UM '77, '99)

Too bad. You must be so sad. BUT, I remember when it was the big two (OSU & UM) and the little eight. UM has fallen on some bad times. I 'm old enough to remember the Woody & Bo era. Great games. Maybe again some day.:)

It's now twenty straight for Urban Myers.He becomes the first coach in history to have twenty games winning streaks at three different colleges.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was at OSU we had a football player in a freshman Geology class. I noticed he showed up to class, once in a while, but he was never there when we took tests. The Prof. had a grad assistant hand out the test and collect them. He didn't even show up. When grades were posted this player always had a passing grade. I know they were sending in someone to take the test for him. Noone would know. There were nearly 100 students in the class. I'm sure that and worse goes on everywhere. Most colleges have less that a 50% grad rate for student athletes.

Oregon lost to Stanford. OSU should move up to #3.

I'm sure that and worse goes on everywhere. Most colleges have less that a 50% grad rate for student athletes.

I can't speak for every school, but I'm on a message board for professors and many of them mention student athletes and what they DON'T do for them. It seems that more schools are pressuring the athlete to go to class and actually learn something. Also, advisers and coaches will talk to students who aren't doing what they should in the class room. I haven't seen any faculty who said they were pressured by the admin to give a good grade to a no show or poorly performing student. I'm glad to see that faculty aren't rolling over anymore for the sports department.