Planned Parenthood's Take on Promiscuity

prisonchaplain

Promiscuity is a huge drag on secular society. It runs up poverty, social welfare costs, education costs (particularly for supporting all those unwed moms and their children's 'challenged home situations'), etc. Yet, as soon as the word promiscuous is mentioned PP starts talking about sexism, and many social liberals start salivating about the separation of church and state.

Wouldn't it be great to have an apostle like Paul speak up on this matter, only instead of referring to New Testament culture, he could address the modern culture? That way there'd be no confusion as to which parts of his counsel are dated. Elder Todd Christofferson gave some remarks last conference (almost like he read the blog or something).

Attitudes toward human sexuality threaten the moral authority of women on several fronts. Abortion for personal or social convenience strikes at the heart of a woman’s most sacred powers and destroys her moral authority. The same is true of sexual immorality and of revealing dress that not only debases women but reinforces the lie that a woman’s sexuality is what defines her worth.

There has long been a cultural double standard that expected women to be sexually circumspect while excusing male immorality. The unfairness of such a double standard is obvious, and it has been justifiably criticized and rejected. In that rejection, one would have hoped that men would rise to the higher, single standard, but just the opposite has occurred—women and girls are now encouraged to be as promiscuous as the double standard expected men to be. Where once women’s higher standards demanded commitment and responsibility from men, we now have sexual relations without conscience, fatherless families, and growing poverty. Equal-opportunity promiscuity simply robs women of their moral influence and degrades all of society.9 In this hollow bargain, it is men who are “liberated” and women and children who suffer most.

I did not think Planned Parenthood could do worse than the "Ask Alex" column. They have. International PP encourages HIV-positive people that they can have happy, sexually-full lives. Further, the group insists that the decision to disclose one's status is a personal choice--that HIV-positive individuals have the right not to do so--even with their 'partners.'

Healthy, Happy and Hot: A young people's guide to rights - International Planned Parenthood Federation

Good Evening Lakumi. I hope you've had a good day! :)

I always disagreed with the whole God given rights, because Canada and the US (for example) has added rights (women, natives, black people the right to vote, end of slavery, etc)

In the 1940s the US (and Canada) took the rights away from Japanese-Americans, simply because they were Japanese. They had nothing to do with Japan, but because they were ethnically Japanese they were thrown into camps. Rights aren't rights if you can take them away.

If God did give us rights, he wouldn't let humans take them away.

There is a difference between a principle and then how that principle is implemented. Our founding documents acknowledge that God is the Creator and that us humans derive our rights from God. The government's sole function is to protect the inalienable rights of the people who established the government. The founding fathers did not conceptualize nor do they approve of a federal government that exist today. Most of the founding fathers believed and knew that they originated from a Higher Being, or God. Because of this belief in God they believed and knew that our rights come from God. I add my independent testimony that our rights come from God.

This is a matter of fact and it is critical to establishing a truly free society.

When you have a government that is devoid of God and then a general population who finds God and the things of God offensive, then you are on the road to full out tyranny. If we put our trust in men and women who are as flawed and as corrupt as the rest of us, then we will reap what we sow. We will reap corrupt fruit. And yet, it seems our eyes are blinded, because there is so much apathy. It seems there is a big segment of society who doesn't care that they are in reality and in actuality stealing money from other people so that they can have the necessities of life. The abuses of these systems are rampant. On craigslist you can buy EBT cards (food stamp cards). Report, after report, of overspending, abuses, and neglect by the government to truly fix the problem. What does this tell you? It tells you that the government doesn't care how much money it is wasting. They aren't interested in saving money because that means smaller government. That means less need for politicians, and lawyers, and judges. That means no more "slush funds" for congressional members to go to NFL football games or expensive vacations overseas. This is what a Godless society devolves into (and even worse) and some are more than happy for it to be happening...all in the name of tolerance, love, and peace (as long as you agree, of course).

-Finrock

Edited by Finrock
Spelling and grammar

my day was well, found a great ensemble for one of my dolls I ought to show off.

yes if you disagree with religion where does that leave you?

I do think religion is in a sort of decline. I'll use my family as an example (my dad's side as there are far less of them)

my grandparents are very devout Catholic's, their kids went to church but weren't devout themselves (stopping when they moved out), and none of the kids were raised in any real religious homes (apart from the communion for the grandparents- as I was told when I was explained what was going to go down-I flat out said I didn't believe in what they were telling me but I was promised money so went along with it).

I talk to a lot of people and its like that, I don't know anyone who goes to any church (and yet my city has so many... I often wonder where these people live who go there).

Nor have I ever known anyone who did.

Perhaps its where I live? I donno, Canada and the US are very different when it comes to religion.

I am not surprised. Planned Parenthood has never taken any other stance other than to promote sex among teens.

Over a decade ago I worked for a health care agency who helped sponsor the Baby Your Baby program here in Utah. Because many of our donors for the program were against PP, PP was paid out of other funds. We would have lost funding if it was known that PP was hired to do any presentation so it was kept hush hush.

I sat in on a couple of the presentations about protected sex. It wasn't about being safe it was a "how to" lesson.

I have a hard time being surprised PP has become more blatant in the last decade.

applepansy, I would not have been surprised if some of their leadership and staff believed such things, and spoke them in private settings. However, to promote such views in printed literature and on websites--oh well, remove all pretense, I suppose. There should have been no surprise on my part, but the blatantness did catch me off guard.

there are others who assault and wish death on gays and they being the most vocal are the ones people pay most attention to.

In my experience, what you say isn't even the case anymore, if it ever was the case.
It's good to run in social circles where such things are just permanently outside of one's experience. But what Lakumi is describing, and the notions behind it, and the people who hold such notions, are most certainly still in existence.

I occasionally go to the websites notalwaysright.com and notalwaysworking.com. People post their horrible customer, or horrible customer service stories. Hardly a week goes by without one or two outrageous stories like this:

(I am working the queue for a regional bank, when an absolutely furious customer calls in.)

Caller: “I want to cancel my account RIGHT NOW!”

Me: “I’m sorry to hear that, ma’am. Can I get some information from you to pull up your account?”

Caller: “Let me tell you WHY I am canceling my account. I went down to my branch today and do you know who you have working for you? A god-d*** [homophobic slur]. I refuse to do business with a bank who hires such immoral abominations against God! If you want to keep my business, you’ll have that flaming f** fired ASAP!”

Me: “Ma’am, the federal law states we cannot discriminate against a person’s sexual preference. So, no, we will not fire him simply because he is a homosexual. Secondly, in order to close your account, you’ll need to go down to your local branch. There are some documents the law requires you to sign.”

Caller: “This is bull-s***! Who do I talk to at the branch?”

Me: “You’d speak to the manager… the gay manager. He’s the only one who can close your account.”

Yeah, people like this caller still exists. I haven't run into one in years, but they're still out there.

It's good to run in social circles where such things are just permanently outside of one's experience. But what Lakumi is describing, and the notions behind it, and the people who hold such notions, are most certainly still in existence.

I occasionally go to the websites notalwaysright.com and notalwaysworking.com. People post their horrible customer, or horrible customer service stories. Hardly a week goes by without one or two outrageous stories like this:

Yeah, people like this caller still exists. I haven't run into one in years, but they're still out there.

Sure. And it wasn't so long ago that I cashiered at a grocery store in Ohio and a customer who comes to the store every morning as it opens for his paper and coffee refused to go on my line. There's only one line open in that time of the morning in that grocery store which is the only grocery store in the town! But no, the manager has to stand by the register to check this guy out before I can start my work... because, HE REFUSES TO ASSOCIATE WITH A VIETNAMESE!!!

AND HELLO... I'M FILIPINO! I WAS ON THE SAME SIDE IN HIS WAR!!! And of course, he wouldn't listen because Vietnamese are two-timing liars!

That doesn't make me go out and tell people Vietnam War Veterans are racists...

Ironically, nearly on the Vietnamese in this country were on the same side he was too...which sorta explains why they could come here...

Or they're buidoi's... who are in a worse spot than Vietnamese... at least Vietnamese are only targetted by some Americans. Buidoi's are targetted by both some Vietnamese and some Americans!

That doesn't make me go out and tell people Vietnam War Veterans are racists...

yes but people often focus on the negative minority no matter how small, some people anyways.

I don't assume people who disagree with gay marriage and such are those Westbro Baptist Church (sp?) types, I do know some people, atheists mainly, do think they are, but like any grouping of people there are some who are well versed and such and some who are not.

To be clear, the example I gave is surrounded by examples of hatred, intolerance, bigotry, ignorance, and sometimes violence directed in all directions. Athiests against the religious, religious against the homosexuals, homosexuals against straights, rich against poor, and vice versa all of it.

A few weeks reading those stories on those websites, and you come to realize that ignorance and hate come from all directions, and head all directions.

What I was flabbergasted about is that Planned Parenthood is supposed to address a problem of teen pregnancy. Being sexually active, especially with a high number of people give you a much bigger chance of getting pregnant regardless of how good your birth control pill works.

Making these statements are counter-productive to their mission.

Their "mission", IMO, is to encourage promiscuity so they can make money from killing the babies that result from this. I don't care what they SAY their mission is, their actions are speaking much louder than all the pretty platitudes being spewed.

This assumes those stories are at all based in reality and are not fiction tailored to be posted to the site. I consider a lot of the stories on those sites (which I do read regularly and enjoy) to be more probably fiction (anywhere from misunderstanding through slanted writing to outright fantasy) than solid truth.

Their "mission", IMO, is to encourage promiscuity so they can make money from killing the babies that result from this. I don't care what they SAY their mission is, their actions are speaking much louder than all the pretty platitudes being spewed.

Can you back up your conclusion with some data?