Halloween!

Quin

We went to Fright Fest at Six Flags last night (the kids LOVED spotting the zombies wandering/staggering around the park), Wednesday is Trunk or Treat, and Halloween is Trick or Treat around the neighborhood with two aunts and a uncle in tow (kids are excited about that). I'll be dressing up in one of my belly dance costumes so as to get some extra use out of it! :lol: (it's a purple ruffly skirt, a purple tie top, and a purple hip scarf with gold coins on it, with a black leotard worn underneath)

So, I love Halloween. I have the whole house decorated, and I go all out. Unfortunately, I just moved to a small cul-de-sack that's off a street with no houses, and last year we didn't get one trick-er-treater. I am kinda bummed, but I am determined to make the house be THE one to hit every year. We shall see.

We love Halloween! Our neighborhood is great fun and most people really get into it. Lots of decorations, tons of kids. It's a chance to see everyone and hang out, besides just trick-or-treating. A few people even put out bonfires and make hot dogs or cocoa for people to take a rest and warm up.

Our neighborhood goes all out on Halloween too. My kids would go down one street (1/4 mile) and come home dragging their boatload of candy, pick out a few favorites, and drop the rest in our candy bin to give out and go again to another street. There are only a very few houses with lights out. And you can walk 3 miles without retracing your steps and still be in our neighborhood. And there are so many kids that if you let kids ring the doorbell for the candy, there's a good chance your doorbell will quit working before the night is out.

Are you dressing up?

Handing out candy or Trick'o'treating?

Hiding?

Q

I dressed in costume and attended an adult-only Halloween party. It was a lot of fun. For actual Halloween my husband and I will be taking our toddler around the neighbourhood to some of the houses to trick-o-treat and then we'll head home to hand out candy for the rest of the evening.

Honestly, I think I'm enjoying the holidays more now with my child than I did as a kid - and I have awesome childhood memories of it - so that's saying a lot.