Sunday Services

M_T_E

I will be attending my first Sunday service tomorrow since I was about the age of ten and had gone with my best friend growing up. I do not really remember much about the service but I do have a good idea of what to expect.

I don't have any white dress shirts, I will likely wear my red Verizon shirt because right after it's straight to work I go. Manager was easy going about my request to have part of Sunday off. I will likely stick out like a sore thumb but it happens.

I will likely attend our local YSA Ward, I feel i would probably fit in best in that setting. Hopefully all goes well, I have been investigating for the last 11 months now and finally have a chance to go.

I had a scout campout this weekend and forgot to make arrangements for someone to teach the youth Sunday School class. Thanks to the time change, I was able to get the boys to get up early enough that I could leave camp a little early and make it back to church in time to start class. I showed up in what I had been wearing camping, and looked pretty ridiculous.

Honestly, it's the most welcome I've felt at church in a while. I hope you enjoyed it.

Wow, my first time was amazing to put it simply. I attended the local YSA Ward by myself rather than going to my local missionaries to the ward I would fall under. Learned a bit today and met some awesome people, made a friend and an attorney who may have me serve for him.

Also got invited to a potluck at a members house as well, may attend depending on work. I will be back though that's for sure. Tonight's journal will be filled with details from today's amazing experience.

I'm so glad you had a wonderful time! Go where you feel you fit in best. We have a lot of singles in our family ward believe it or not.

Our YSA ward is very casual and laid back. It's mostly young college students (23 or under pretty much!), as we live in small college town USA.

You can always take a change of clothes if you needed and change after service if you'd feel more comfortable. I think your red shirt sounds fine though. :) What's most important is you being there and seeking Heavenly Father.

It was a very laid back setting with all of the younger members, quite a few powerful testimonies were shared today as well, one was very moving with me.

Learned about the gifts of the holy ghost, we did talks on whichever one we were assigned in our groups. Caught a returned missionary off guard when I told her I am not a member, she assumed I was.

Everyone was very welcoming and went out of their way to socialize with me and a couple of potential transfers as well. I look forward to having the chance to return, I will likely attend the potluck I was invited to.

The local mission president was pretty nice as well. Kept my info so I assume he will be in contact as well.

Some could see I was an investigator, my knowledge is what trumped some until I came out about it to everyone. I was surprised by the fellowship between everyone, something that I almost never saw in my Baptist upbringing.

At this point I am eager to return, as work allows however I will likely change to being busy on Sundays so I can attend on a regular basis and not have to deal with work.