Wardrobe

Backroads

April 2013: Reach the decision that I will pack up a few things for the summer whilst living with my parents whilst Husband is on active duty. Pack up everything else and shove it into a storage unit, expecting to take it all out in the fall.

September 2013: Husband is job-hunting. Move into rich grandmother's basement, which is furnished, to avoid the problem of being stuck in a rent contract.

November 2013: Still living in basement as it's convenient for saving money. Drive up to the town where the storage unit is in order to grab a few things. Can't find box of winter clothes at the risk of husband falling to his death behind high stacks of boxes. Do locate X Box.

So... I have no winter clothes. I plan on raiding my missionary sisters' closets, but I still would like my own stuff. I like to shop on bargains.

Anyone know the best place to buy a small wardrobe in one go for a decent price in northern Utah? I know this is a sillly question, but I don't shop en masse.

If you want the cheapest option then DI is probably your best bet. If you want at least new stuff but still pretty cheap then Walmart is another option. When my BFF flew in from California to stay with us, the airlines left her luggage back in CA, and she had zero clothing - just her handbag with her. She got about 3 days worth of decent clothing at Walmart for about $60. You could also check online at KSL or similar sites for people getting rid of bundled clothing but you never know the quality of that stuff..

The DI here sucks. Goodwill is where I get most of my clothes, and I get complimented on my wardrobe often. We also have a few consignment shops for fancier stuff.

If thrifting isn't your thing, look for Ross or TJ Maxx. Kohls has good sales sometimes too.

I'd pay a small amount to the YSA or the YM/YW to help go through the boxes in storage... I'd say it's cheaper than DI or Goodwill... and they might make a service project out of it and you won't have to fork out cash.

April 2013: Reach the decision that I will pack up a few things for the summer whilst living with my parents whilst Husband is on active duty. Pack up everything else and shove it into a storage unit, expecting to take it all out in the fall.

September 2013: Husband is job-hunting. Move into rich grandmother's basement, which is furnished, to avoid the problem of being stuck in a rent contract.

November 2013: Still living in basement as it's convenient for saving money. Drive up to the town where the storage unit is in order to grab a few things. Can't find box of winter clothes at the risk of husband falling to his death behind high stacks of boxes. Do locate X Box.

So... I have no winter clothes. I plan on raiding my missionary sisters' closets, but I still would like my own stuff. I like to shop on bargains.

Anyone know the best place to buy a small wardrobe in one go for a decent price in northern Utah? I know this is a sillly question, but I don't shop en masse.

DI?

I think she's suggesting DI, not asking what it is. :)

Yes, I realized that and was going to delete my post a minute before you responded. Considering everyone who referenced it only bothered with the initials it may still prove useful.

Edited by Dravin