Elder Romney

M_T_E

Transfer day has come and gone, one Elder stayed and the other went a ward over. The name of the new companion? Elder Romney. I asked him if they were related because I know the Romney's are a huge family, and yes he is apparently directly related. Small world isn't it? Only a week into his mission and one of the first things he does is challenge me to baptism within ten minutes of meeting me. He is very smart, I can tell he will be an awesome missionary. I look forward to meeting again with them next week.

It was obvious he was only a week into his mission but he is very smart and surprisingly direct.

I declined the baptism offer just as I had done with previous missionaries. However they set a goal to have me baptized on January 18th, something the others had never done.

So I guess I now stand as a potential convert? I told them we will see and nothing is set in stone. They say they want time to officially do my lessons in crrect order and have a baptismal interview done so it can happen when the time is right, even if it gets pushed out further.

Going to Sacrament with them tomorrow at the ward id fall under. I'll still likely attend the YSA Ward though if I do convert.

There are a lot of Romney's out there within the church. On my mission there was an elder with the middle name of Romney and his last name was Featherstone. Yep, he was related to both General Authorities (Marion G. Romney, and Vaughn J. Featherstone).

I dated two different Romney's. They were cousins and both related to Mitt.

Edited by classylady

I've had Romneys in 3 different wards I've been in, there's lots of them. The original Romney in the Church must have had lots of kids.

All over the world too! There's a Romney (originally from USA) that works the same temple worker shift as me every Friday night...here in Western Australia! Also a relation to the famous Romneys, but I can't remember in what way. I'll have to ask him (again).

It was obvious he was only a week into his mission but he is very smart and surprisingly direct.

I declined the baptism offer just as I had done with previous missionaries. However they set a goal to have me baptized on January 18th, something the others had never done.

So I guess I now stand as a potential convert? I told them we will see and nothing is set in stone. They say they want time to officially do my lessons in crrect order and have a baptismal interview done so it can happen when the time is right, even if it gets pushed out further.

Going to Sacrament with them tomorrow at the ward id fall under. I'll still likely attend the YSA Ward though if I do convert.

I remember when I "dragged my feet" on getting baptized. I was 18 then, and thought I could have a foot in the world, and a foot in the church. Sadly, I still had many lessons for Father to teach me in his own way, until I was humbled enough to "get it" ... The Book of Mormon has many internal evidences to its own truthfulness (not to mention the Central American archeology). I will always regret the time I wasted, when I could have been doing some good in the world. I am glad to hear that you are attending Sacrament with the Elders. I feel confident you will know the Church is not only "true" but also Father's greatest blessing ever to his children.

I don't see the Book of Mormon, or the Bible as historical evidence - but a grouping of stories and such that one can gain wisdom and insight from.

Beliefs like that make me feel at odds with most any church. And with that here I sit, feeling right truly nowhere.

But I have always been like that, and if I should be foolish enough to have children, I will offer my beliefs to them and tell them to seek their own if mine do not feel right to them (as mine did to me).