Moroni & Other Resurrected Beings

Nazareth

1) Where are they now, as far as their dwelling. Are they in the Spirit World? Here on Earth? With God?

It confuses me because they are resurrected beings, but I have no idea where they reside until the Second Coming.

2) Also, WHY do you think they were resurrected? (The purpose).

Thanks for everything :)

The purpose is easy. They needed to do something that required a physical form. Peter, James an John had to lay physical hands on the head of Joseph Smith to restore the keys of the priesthood.

As to where they reside. I suppose they could ascend to heaven as Christ did. But they could be on Earth as John and the three Nephites are. Perhaps with one of the lost tribes, in an unseen location or in plain sight.

The purpose is easy. They needed to do something that required a physical form. Peter, James an John had to lay physical hands on the head of Joseph Smith to restore the keys of the priesthood.

As to where they reside. I suppose they could ascend to heaven as Christ did. But they could be on Earth as John and the three Nephites are. Perhaps with one of the lost tribes, in an unseen location or in plain sight.

Good, succinct response, with which I agree. Note that John is translated, not yet resurrected.

Asking where resurrected folks dwell is assuming a depth of understanding that, as far as I know, no one in mortality has.

1) Where are they now, as far as their dwelling. Are they in the Spirit World? Here on Earth? With God?

It confuses me because they are resurrected beings, but I have no idea where they reside until the Second Coming.

Better question.

If all things are before God, the past, present and future. than... Hmm? What is actually here right now?

EDIT mis read the OP.

Edited by ElectofGod

they were translated, why because they were righteous and had exceedingly great faith.

107:48 Enoch was twenty-five years old when he was ordained under the hand of Adam; and he was sixty-five and Adam blessed him.

49 And he saw the Lord, and he walked with him, and was before his face continually; and he walked with God three hundred and sixty-five years, making him four hundred and thirty years old when he was translated.

Part of ones ascension into Godhood.

Guest BaibreBar
Guest BaibreBar

I understand that the Lord has designated the laying on of hands as the procedure to perform many priesthood ordinances but why "physical"? I am assuming spirits have hands too.

With that, there is speculation, even from the Book of Mormon, that Alma was taken up in a resurrected state. This means someone on earth will be visited by Alma the Younger in the flesh. Just throwing it out there.

With that, there is speculation, even from the Book of Mormon, that Alma was taken up in a resurrected state. This means someone on earth will be visited by Alma the Younger in the flesh. Just throwing it out there.

Alma Jr. proclaimed, "O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!" My guess is that his supposedly "sinful" wish was granted. God is not capricious, so I suppose there was probably good reason for him to have been translated besides being able to preach more effectively, perhaps having to do with keys. But maybe he was simply called to go elsewhere among the Lamanites, or other breakoff Nephite groups, or just others of the lost tribes of Israel.

Unless Alma has further work to do upon the earth, as is the case with John the Beloved and the three Nephite disciples, I assume he has been resurrected from his translated state, if indeed he was translated.

Guest PriomePomiadfs
Hidden

I precisely wanted to appreciate you once again. I do not know the things I actually would have carried out without the entire basics shared by you over that theme. It was actually the frightening issue in my position, nevertheless taking note of your specialized way you have treated it made myself to weep over delight. I'm just thankful for this work and as well , wish they recognize what a great job you were undertaking instructing the rest all through your web page. Probably you have never encountered any of us.

I'm commenting to let that you be aware of what a excellent experience my cousin's girl undergone studying your site. Your girl realized lots of issues, not to mention what it's similarly to to possess an awesome coaching style that can get the rest easily know precisely selected advanced subject matter. You truly exceeded our own expectations. I appreciate you for giving these great, healthy, edifying and as well as cool thoughts on that chosen issue in Kate.

I want to express appreciation to this writer just for bailing me out of this type of matter. Right after exploring through the the web and as a consequence obtaining strategies which are far from being helpful, I assumed my life had to be gone. Being alive minus the approaches to the issues you have resolved as a result of the posting genuinely a serious legal matter, and those that could come with in a wrong way damaged very own career if I had not noticed your blog post. Your primary understanding then kindness doing touching all the stuff was initially tremendous. I don't know items would have produced quickly had not come upon this type of step by doing this. I'm able to at this time look forward to simple coming future. Thanks a lot so much for your skilled furthermore results-oriented guide. I won't hesitate time for endorse your blog when you need to anybody whom would need guidelines on this subject.

Thanks so much because giving everyone a very brilliant opportunity to read articles and blog posts by using this site. It really is very superb and full of fun for me in addition to great practice peers to search the blog minimum thrice weekly to find out the fresh issues you will have. Of course, I am just actually pleased considering the exceptional advice you serve. Selected 2 areas in this posting usually are truly the simplest I've ever had.

My spouse and i wanting to type a single brief note in order to thank buyers during some of the pleasant tricks you can find yourself giving at this site. Your extensive research employs at the end of the day ended up recognized along with useful knowledge in which to go over consisting of particular partners. Now i 'd believe that a lot of we readers are truly lucky to actually live using a really good website while having very a great deal wonderful people together with valuable plans. I believe really fortunate to having encountered your webpage look at to tons of additional amazing minutes by means of these. Thank you again with respect to all the details.

`

cheap

Case solution, Case analysis, Harvard Case Solution - Case Study Solution and Analysis - Case Study Answer - Casestudiessolutions.COM

Guest PriomePomiadfs
Hidden

I would like to show appreciation to the writer just for rescuing me from such a difficulty. Just after browsing through the internet and as a consequence coming across tricks which are and not beneficial, I believed my life was in fact well over. Existing devoid of the approaches to the problems you've fixed through your good review is definitely a crucial the circumstance, and those which may now have in a negative way damaged my personal entire career merely hadn't discovered your website. Your actual talents in addition , goodness handling all the stuff were vital. I don't know irritated would have built house had not discovered exactly what a thing such as this. I can at this time look ahead to my new incoming. Thanks a lot very much for your high quality and as a result amazing guide. I will not think twice in which to propose the sites that will help anyone who else needs and wants guide about this topic.

My spouse and i were absolutely cheerful Raymond could conclude his investigations from your precious recommendations a person came across when using the weblog. It's not at all simplistic to just happen to be giving away tricks that other people may have been selling. And we all figure out we've got you to appreciate because of that. The type of illustrations you made, the easy web site menu, an relationships you will help engender For it is mostly incredible, and it's making our toddler and the family recognize that the article must be exciting, which is certainly incredibly important. Many thanks for the whole thing!

I enjoy you because of your entire effort in such a web site. Betty delights in doing research and it is easy to understand why is this. My spouse and i know practically all concerning the lively manner your organization give vital tricks via the web blog and as well increase participation originally from visitors about this matter while our favorite child is in fact being taught a whole lot. Take pleasure in the rest of the year. You are always carrying out a really great contract.

I have to express this is my appreciation for your very own generosity giving support to those individuals that require help with in this content. Your personal dedication to passing the message throughout turned out to be unbelievably powerful and furthermore has truly made individuals just like me to arrive at all their aims. Your new helpful hints and tips denotes this much to me plus even further to successfully very own office colleagues. Warm regards; received from each one of us.

As i and my buddies appeared to be reading the good items from the website and so instantly I got a horrible feeling I had not thanked the website owner with regards to those techniques. Those young boys are actually consequently passionate to study all of them and / or have really for ages been taking advantage of these things. Many thanks for turning out to be really accommodating and also for considering varieties of great subjects most people are thoroughly wanting to know about. My very own sincere regret because of saying thanks to you sooner.

`

spam

Case solution, Case analysis, Harvard Case Solution - Case Study Solution and Analysis - Case Study Answer - Casestudiessolutions.COM

Guest PriomePomiadfs
Hidden

My hubby and i and my pals were analyzing the great items found on your website and unexpectedly I got a terrible feeling I had not expressed respect to the web site owner about those techniques. My men are actually absolutely glad to learn all of them while have in effect in truth come tapping into them. Appreciate your indeed being simply accommodating and for selecting certain quality useful guides most people are seriously needing to be aware of. Our own sincere apologies because of not expressing gratitude to you sooner.

I simply truly decided to compose an absolute brief remark so as to express gratitude to any person of all of the superb concepts that you're placing on this site. Get long home based lookup features at the end of the day been actually compensated that has useful content in talk about by options two friends. We would believe a many of us site visitors actually are undeniably lucky that can live in notable network by very very wonderful professionals now with great plans. I find myself truly fortunate to produce used your entire website page and peruse to tons of considerably more excellent minutes considering on this website. Thanks again designed for all the details.

I am commenting to make your organization be aware of what a magnificent discovery my friend's child enjoyed visiting your web site. Lindsay noticed a lot of things, including what it's including to possess a very effective teaching nature time for make other individuals completely fully understand several grueling issues. You really did more than readers' expected results. Thanks for distributing such insightful, dependable, informative and also cool tips on that chosen issue that will help Julie.

I simply had to appreciate you all over again. I do not know the things that I personally might have tried without the entire points contributed on your part concerning that industry. Entirely was a traumatic circumstance in my position, nevertheless observing the expert way you have to solved the issue made to leap for fulfillment. I will be thankful for this work and thus wish you may recognize what a great job your are providing educating people with the aid of a site. Most probably you've never met all of us.

My husband and i have been now thankful when Peter could deal with it's investigation out of the ideas my son got from your own site. It's not at all simplistic to simply choose to be offering tricks which people have been making money from. Therefore we see we now have the writer to appreciate because of that. The entire explanations you've made, the easy blog navigation, the actual friendships your site assist to instill > it is all terrific, and it's letting a person's youngster and our family reckon that that matter is brilliant, and that's highly essential. Thanks for everything!

`

Spirits cannot do physical ordinances. Otherwise, we would not need temple work or work for the dead.

I understand that, the question was why it has to be done with "physical hands". When the noble and great ones were called for specific missions on this Earth, was it done with physical or spiritual hands?

Is serving a mission in spirit prison a priesthood calling for one who is in paradise?

Edited by Seminarysnoozer

I understand that, the question was why it has to be done with "physical hands". When the noble and great ones were called for specific missions on this Earth, was it done with physical or spiritual hands?

The Lord sets the rules, and our rule now is that physicality beyond a spiritual body is required for ordinances. In any case, our Father has a physical body, so is in a position to lay hands on his spirit children.

Is serving a mission in spirit prison a priesthood calling for one who is in paradise?

Doubtful. It's not a Priesthood calling in mortality, just an intrinsic Priesthood duty -- though one to which we are set apart when serving full-time.

Here are some things to ponder,

JST, Genesis 14:29

Joseph Smith Translation

And it was delivered unto men by the calling of his own voice, according to his own will, unto as many as believed on his name.

Moses 6:51

Pearl of Great Price

And he called upon our father Adam by his own voice, saying: I am God; I made the world, and men before they were in the flesh.

D&C 84:42

Doctrine and Covenants

And wo unto all those who come not unto this priesthood which ye have received, which I now confirm upon you who are present this day, by mine own voice out of the heavens; and even I have given the heavenly hosts and mine angels charge concerning you.

D&C 132:59

Doctrine and Covenants

Verily, if a man be called of my Father, as was Aaron, by mine own voice, and by the voice of him that sent me, and I have endowed him with the keys of the power of this priesthood, if he do anything in my name, and according to my law and by my word, he will not commit sin, and I will justify him.

D&C 136:37

Doctrine and Covenants

...words that I have given you, from the days of Adam to Abraham, from Abraham to Moses, from Moses to Jesus and his apostles, and from Jesus and his apostles to Joseph Smith, whom I did call upon by mine angels, my ministering servants, and by mine own voice

Ether 12:14 Behold, it was the faith of Nephi and Lehi that wrought the change upon the Lamanites, that they were baptized with fire and with the Holy Ghost.

3Ne. 19:13 And it came to pass when they were all baptized and had come up out of the water, the Holy Ghost did fall upon them, and they were filled with the Holy Ghost and with fire.

Helamen 10: 3... and it came to pass as he was thus pondering in his heart, behold, a voice came unto him saying:

7 Behold, I give unto you power, that whatsoever ye shall seal on earth shall be sealed in heaven; and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven; and thus shall ye have power among this people.

Further another interesting scripture.

D&C 84:42 And wo unto all those who come not unto this priesthood which ye have received, which I now confirm upon you who are present this day, by mine own voice out of the heavens; and even I have given the heavenly hosts and mine angels charge concerning you.

Going along with what vort just said about God having a body.

An Excerpt from Oliver Cowdery’s “General Charge to the Twelve”

You have been indebted to other men, in the first instance, for evidence; on that you have acted; but it is necessary that you receive a testimony from heaven for yourselves; so that you can bear testimony to the truth of the Book of Mormon, and that you have seen the face of God. That is more than the testimony of an angel. When the proper time arrives, you shall be able to bear this testimony to the world. When you bear testimony that you have seen God, this testimony God will never suffer to fall, but will bear you out; although many will not give heed, yet others will. You will therefore see the necessity of getting this testimony from heaven.

Never cease striving until you have seen God face to face. Strengthen your faith; cast off your doubts, your sins, and all your unbelief; and nothing can prevent you from coming to God. Your ordination is not full and complete till God has laid His hand upon you. We require as much to qualify us as did those who have gone before us; God is the same. If the Savior in former days laid His hands upon His disciples, why not in latter days?

[Pp. 195–96 in Roberts, B.H., ed. 1976. History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Vol. II. 2nd ed. rev. Salt Lake City, UT: Deseret Book Company.]

As for the calling question. Our only calling is twofold. To become like God and saving souls. That is our calling and always will be. Missionary work is an assignment, but the call itself of saving souls is part of our ongoing calling. "if ye have desires to serve him ye are called to the work". The work of souls.

The Lord sets the rules, and our rule now is that physicality beyond a spiritual body is required for ordinances. In any case, our Father has a physical body, so is in a position to lay hands on his spirit children.

Doubtful. It's not a Priesthood calling in mortality, just an intrinsic Priesthood duty -- though one to which we are set apart when serving full-time.

Yeah, was thinking of possible "laying on of hands" where at least one aspect, the one performing the ordinance or receiving, was not physical.

I understand there is a "rule" but trying to understand why such a rule is so strong that it would require Peter, James and John to be resurrected to perform it (as was suggested). That makes it seem like a strong rule, as if it simply can't be done any other way, but why? ...the ordinances are spiritual in nature.

I don't know if we really have an answer to that.

Did Michael use priesthood authority to help form the Earth before he was in the Garden of Eden?

As for the calling question. Our only calling is twofold. To become like God and saving souls. That is our calling and always will be. Missionary work is an assignment, but the call itself of saving souls is part of our ongoing calling. "if ye have desires to serve him ye are called to the work". The work of souls.

Alma 13; " 3 And this is the manner after which they were ordained—being called and prepared from the foundation of the world according to the foreknowledge of God, on account of their exceeding faith and good works; in the first place being left to choose good or evil; therefore they having chosen good, and exercising exceedingly great faith, are called with a holy calling, yea, with that holy calling which was prepared with, and according to, a preparatory redemption for such."

It may be semantics - called vs. chosen. Is being "chosen" not a priesthood calling?

Alma 13; " 3 And this is the manner after which they were ordained—being called and prepared from the foundation of the world according to the foreknowledge of God, on account of their exceeding faith and good works; in the first place being left to choose good or evil; therefore they having chosen good, and exercising exceedingly great faith, are called with a holy calling, yea, with that holy calling which was prepared with, and according to, a preparatory redemption for such."

It may be semantics - called vs. chosen. Is being "chosen" not a priesthood calling?

YEs I think its semantics. I would not equate called or chosen in the context of that verse to priesthood.

I truly believe our eternal existence is a that twofold (ok one) calling. To save souls. To bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.

I loved this verse though! Its one of my favorite.

"on account of their exceeding faith and good works". I guess you could say we are choosen because of Good works. What are good works. Anything that "brings others unto christ" that heavenly Father asks us to do.

To the last part "are called with a holy calling, a preparatory redemption for such."

I find this the most fascinating sentences in the entire book of mormon. The holy calling came from that preparatory redemption. Otherwards because of their exceedingly great faith, they were allowed to have a holy calling. We could be called to hold the priesthood to help us if worthy.

John pontius talks about priesthood and callings so I won't derail the subject. Oath and the Covenant By John Pontius

As for the other posts, I think JUST_A_GUY question is one worthy asking.

1 AND again, my brethren, I would cite your minds forward to the time when the Lord God gave these commandments unto his children; and I would that ye should remember that the Lord God ordained priests, after his holy order, which was after the order of his Son, to teach these things unto the people.

2 And those priests were ordained after the order of his Son, in a manner that thereby the people might know in what manner to look forward to his Son for redemption.

3 And this is the manner after which they were ordained—being called and prepared from the foundation of the world according to the foreknowledge of God, on account of their exceeding faith and good works; in the first place being left to choose good or evil; therefore they having chosen good, and exercising exceedingly great faith, are called with a holy calling, yea, with that holy calling which was prepared with, and according to, a preparatory redemption for such.

4 And thus they have been called to this holy calling on account of their faith, while others would reject the Spirit of God on account of the hardness of their hearts and blindness of their minds, while, if it had not been for this they might have had as great privilege as their brethren. (Alma 13:1-4)

I thought about "called" (Alma 13:3) and chosen could being semantics. It appears to me that it might look more as if: chosen is where somebody is specific for the purpose that only he/she can accomplish and called is something like picking somebody from a group of volunteers applied to anything.

So if I were to explain that my Patriarchal Blessing states that:

"In the divine wisdom of the Lord and for his purposes, you were chosen and prepared to come into the world in this, the dispensation of the fulness of times, to assist in the establishment of Zion . . ."

and it applies to my relationship to the event, and not necessarily my exceeding faith and good works here upon the earth. It also has meaning and serves a purpose.

Good works are relative here upon the earth. What good works brings others to Christ, your good works (as applied to religion) or others of different faiths (as applied to religion)? Who of us sees evil for good? Alma refers to a time "from the foundation of the world." I agree with him.

Alma speaks of "being called and prepared from the foundation of the world . . . on account of their exceeding faith and good works," though there can be other variables.

The PB also states that there is a fore-ordination. The blessings of this ordination were not received in heaven at the time the fore-ordination took place. I do not know how ordinations are provided for in heaven. The blessings will be received here upon the earth. The blessings have a connection with other activities that are to take place here upon the earth. These blessings could not have been used for their purpose while in heaven. The blessings will continue for an eternity, their purpose is for a purpose G_d has for them here upon earth.

The blessings that are to be received by the execution (giving/receiving) of the fore-ordination cannot be received by a spirit person. They are given for the purpose for which the blessing serves in furthering the promises that G_d made to the remnant of the house of Israel and has meaning to further that end.

In the Book of Revelation, John spoke of Priest:

8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth (Revelation 5:8-10).

It appears that the "four and twenty elders" are individuals that will serve the Lord during the last Millennium when the Lord will preside over the righteous remnant of the house of Israel. They look much like the group that Alma speaks of the Alma 13:1-4.

Edited by Speakzeasy
General editing; Clarity

good questions, we don't know exactly other than they are wherever god has work for them.

second question is easier to answer at least in part; it is necessary for them to have their bodies, in the case of the apostles a physical body is necessary to lay hands upon the head of another (at least for us folks who've been to earth), and it made it that much easier for Moroni to carry the Gold plates when Joseph was done with them.

quite likely there's a whole lot of other reasons as well in addition to those.