Guards at temples?

dahlia

I was reading about the restrictions placed on construction workers at the Philadelphia temple and it got me thinking.

I lived in Philly for 10 years. There are parts to like and parts you don't want to go in. I know the new temple will be in the Art Museum area, which is nice, but that doesn't mean that there's no crime.

So, does the church use guards at temples in unsavory places? I can't imagine being in that area after dusk, walking to the car or trying to get a cab. No way. Of course, if the guards were only at the front desk, that wouldn't do temple-goers any good as they went to the parking lot, but maybe there would be guards walking the perimeter?

I have such a biased view of Philly (still love it). I worked in a hospital up North... And the unofficial motto was...

Crack; Not just for breakfast anymore!

Like I said...,I'm biased, I know there are lovely parts of the city... But I can't really imagine a temple there WITHOUT guards.

Q

Portland has a booth with a guard and in the visitors center you see a room with monitors.

I've never actually seen a guard in that booth in the many times I have been to the temple. With two entrances to the temple grounds, I don't see what the point is of having a guard in a booth on one side is.

I do see security making frequent rounds of the grounds.