My Dad Is On Life Support--Help?

Melissa569

Hey everyone. First, even if all you can do is pray or offer a blessing... Please do, because heaven knows I need it right now. I haven't been here in ages... But in times like this you need all the godly fellowship, prayers and help you can get.

I am really at the end of my rope, emotionally, like my whole life is just falling apart. This is really all just too much for me. I lost my mom of a heart attack in July, 2013. Then last night (December 5th, 2013) I got a call from my brother saying our Dad was in the hospital on life support, because he had pneumonia, a seizure AND a heart attack all at once! I mean this is BOTH of my parents in 5 months!

Both of them were LDS.

I'm currently staying on the east coast (USA). Dad is on the West coast. My friend Grace set up a fund raiser page to help me scrape up enough to get a round trip ticket to go out there and be by his side. Maybe even help with some final expenses... Every little bit helps, so if anybody here wants to help out, it would be greatly appreciated. Here is the page:

[Moderator removed link]

It kills me he has pet dogs who depended on him, and a new house he was trying to build (his dream home, its unbearable that he won't even get to finish it or live in it). Just NOBODY is ready to lose him, so much is unfinished. I don't understand how he could go...

Thank you in advance. I don't know what we will do about his unfinished house, or his funeral expenses, or his dogs, or anything... But I have to be there.

Edited by skippy740
forums are not to be used for soliciting funds, no matter how well intentioned the cause.

Hugs Melissa. I lost my dad when I was in my 30's. I needed to find homes for his two golden retrievers too, as well as clean out and sell his house and handle all his affairs. But he had spent a few years putting things in order, and it wasn't exactly a huge surprise to anyone, so it sounds like you have it harder than I did.

Head down, one day at a time. You don't need to climb the rope, just don't fall off. Do you have siblings? Who is handling his estate?

Thank you for your support, its just really hard. I'm only 32 and I still feel 18. My only actual HOME was with Dad. I went to live with him after my divorce. So now I am on the east coast, to visit with a guy from a marriage website I was considering marrying, and this happened while I was out here. So ... I pretty much feel homeless, because I can't afford to keep Dad's place up and running by myself. I am unemployed right now. My "potential fiance" paid for my ticket here. So other than being here, I feel like I have nowhere to go.

Sorry to hear this.

Are you an only child? Or do you have siblings or family that can assist? Who is left to manage your father's assets on his behalf if he is unable to? It sounds like everything is just crashing down but hang in there.

Thank you everyone, I am such a mess right now... I'm still trying to get out there, because I need to help. I do have brothers and sisters (5 of them, half of us are Dad's biological kids, and half are not (I am), but he still raised even the kids who weren't his own, as if they were. And they see him as their Dad too.

not all of us can go though (maybe half) because we are still recovering from Mom's death financially, and the traveling we did for that. None of us really have money.... The VA (he was a veteran) will only cover like $300 of the final arrangements because he didn't die in a VA hospital (had it been a VA hospital it would be $700). So we are probably looking at cremation... It was 750 for my mom. So hopefully we will be able to scrape up enough for Dad, I don't know.

Edited by Melissa569