Millenium and Temple Work

truthsense

The past few weeks as I drove to work I thought of several questions I don't have the answers to. Hopefully you can help me sort out the answers.

1. If one of the primary purposes of the Millenium is Temple Work, but all of those who are worthy of the Telestial and Celestial kingdoms are resurrected and alive during the millennium, then can't they all do their own work? I understand temple worthy members could still act as temple workers, just not as proxies.

2. Also, does this mean that if temple work during the millennium is done by proxy only for those who can't do it themselves (Terrestrial), then if the Telestial person accepts the covenants, will they be immediately resurrected and become alive in the millennium, or do they still have to wait until the end, at which point they are Telestial anymore? This doesn't seem to make sense.

3. If someone is not resurrected during the early part of the millennium because they are 'Telestial', then why do their temple work at all? Unless they repented and become temple worthy (a.k.a. Celestial) then they couldn't make the covenants anyway, correct? It only makes sense if people could go from Telestial to Celestial during the millennium.

4. If all children under the age of 8 years old are considered celestial, then they would be resurrected at the beginning of the millennium, but based upon the statistics I've seen on infant mortality, this would likely result in tens of billions of children over the history of the earth that would be resurrected. Not all of them, or possibly even most of them, will have parents who are resurrected to raise them at the beginning of the millennium. How are these children going to be raised, by all of the Celestial and Telestial parents who are alive at that time?

5. Will spouses grow old and 'twinkle' at the same time to become young again? If not, I guess it would be strange to have a 20 year old woman married to an 80 year old man until he 'twinkled' too.

6. What happens if there is an accident and someone dies? Or can't people die or drown, or something similar?

Thanks, I've been thinking about these questions for weeks and can't think of answers to satisfy them that I've ever heard.

You are mixing alot of speculation and assumptions in with truths and that leads to confusion

1. If one of the primary purposes of the Millenium is Temple Work, but all of those who are worthy of the Telestial and Celestial kingdoms are resurrected and alive during the millennium, then can't they all do their own work? I understand temple worthy members could still act as temple workers, just not as proxies.

The underlying assumption is that the resurrection just happens... What if to be resurrected one must have the ordinances first? The Resurrection began with Christ and is now at the level of the Celestial people. Those whom have already come forth might have also already had the ordinances, but there could also be some still waiting for the ordinance to be done before coming forth. Of course this is also speculation because we simple don't have the answer right now

2. Also, does this mean that if temple work during the millennium is done by proxy only for those who can't do it themselves (Terrestrial), then if the Telestial person accepts the covenants, will they be immediately resurrected and become alive in the millennium, or do they still have to wait until the end, at which point they are Telestial anymore? This doesn't seem to make sense.

See counter speculation above. If the counter speculation is correct then it seems most likely that we will get the information on those whom need the work done based on how ready they are. This would make a logical progression over time through the Celestial, Terrestrial and then Telestial

3. If someone is not resurrected during the early part of the millennium because they are 'Telestial', then why do their temple work at all? Unless they repented and become temple worthy (a.k.a. Celestial) then they couldn't make the covenants anyway, correct? It only makes sense if people could go from Telestial to Celestial during the millennium.

See counter speculation above. If everyone is promised to be resurrected and resurrection requires the ordinances then even the Telestial people will need the work done

4. If all children under the age of 8 years old are considered celestial, then they would be resurrected at the beginning of the millennium, but based upon the statistics I've seen on infant mortality, this would likely result in tens of billions of children over the history of the earth that would be resurrected. Not all of them, or possibly even most of them, will have parents who are resurrected to raise them at the beginning of the millennium. How are these children going to be raised, by all of the Celestial and Telestial parents who are alive at that time?

Again the assumption is that the resurrection just happens and that someone might be resurrected as a child. Another possibility is the fulfilling of the promises that righteous parents will have the chance to raise kids that they lost early. In this case when the parents came forth (resurrected or mortal) they could have their lost kids returned (raised from the dead) and then they can be raised during the time of the Millennium (which leads to Celestial Glory due to the promises aka raised without sin). As they reached the proper ages of accountability they can get the ordnances, while in no way loosing any of the promises that have been given.

For those Kids without righteous parents an adoption would have to be worked out to righteous parents (perhaps ones whose kids have already grown up?) The parable of the Talents give some hint of this

5. Will spouses grow old and 'twinkle' at the same time to become young again? If not, I guess it would be strange to have a 20 year old woman married to an 80 year old man until he 'twinkled' too.

The age of twinkle is 72 according to the scriptures. The (apparent) age of our resurrected bodies is unknown (whatever perfect is). The eww factor is a social construct based on apparent differences in maturity of individuals. For say a 50+ year old man taking advantage of his greater experience and resources to get an 18 year old girl (that would be the assumption anyway) or the 30 year old woman using her wiles to befuddle the 80 year old man. (again that would be the assumption). This would be in no way correct in the case of an older couple were one spouse twinkles before the other. The spouse would still be the same person with the same feelings (and righteous to) just in an upgraded chassis. The social eww factor simply will not have any basis or grounds in those cases

6. What happens if there is an accident and someone dies? Or can't people die or drown, or something similar?

During the millennium the priesthood power should be on full display... Including the ability to raise the dead if needed. I would see no reason for a person to die (or stay dead) before their time is up.

Of course alot of what I answered with is also speculation... I am more then willing to wait and see, because I know the Lord has it all figured out and I will learn what I need to when it is necessary for me to know and understand it.

Edited by estradling75

The age of twinkle is 72 according to the scriptures.

I'd love to see the reference on this. The only thing I've ever heard is that the age of man "shall be as the age of a tree", and for some reason I've always interpreted that as being one hundred years.

3. If someone is not resurrected during the early part of the millennium because they are 'Telestial', then why do their temple work at all? Unless they repented and become temple worthy (a.k.a. Celestial) then they couldn't make the covenants anyway, correct?

Baptism is a "saving ordinance"--which I interpret as meaning that unless you're OK being in outer darkness, you've got to have it done.

The endowment is actually a series of ordinances, performed together in a single 90-minute presentation. I'm open to the idea that the full endowment in its current form may not be requisite for mere salvation in the Telestial kingdom; but it is my opinion that the standard of living appurtenant to those covenants will be observed in that kingdom and that those who wish to enter into the Telestial kingdom will, prior to entry, be required to make some sort of ritualistic commitment to observe and keep those standards.

I'd love to see the reference on this. The only thing I've ever heard is that the age of man "shall be as the age of a tree", and for some reason I've always interpreted that as being one hundred years.

And they all spake, save it were three, saying: We desire that after we have lived unto the age of man, that our ministry, wherein thou hast called us, may have an end, that we may speedily come unto thee in thy kingdom.

And he said unto them: Blessed are ye because ye desired this thing of me; therefore, after that ye are seventy and two years old ye shall come unto me in my kingdom; and with me ye shall find rest.

Christ tells us (or so it would appear) that the age of man is 72. In the Millenium we live out our natural time (aka age of man??) That is were I got it from. Although since you called me on it and had me look over again... It seems more speculative then I originally presented it as. Sorry about that.

Rebaptism, 12May44

-- 12May44

[Joseph Smith Sermon] ... The sectarians have no Charity for me but I have for them.

I intend to send men to prison to preach to them, and this is all on the Principle of entering in by Water and Spirit.

Dead Must Have Same Ordinances as Living and baptism for the dead, who died without the knowledge of the gospel I am going on in my progress for eternal life--it is not only necessary that you should be baptized for your dead, but you will have to go thro' all the ordinances for them, same as you have gone through, to save yourselves; there will be 144,000 Saviors on Mount Zion, and with them an innumerable host, that no man can number-- therefore those who are baptised for their dead are the Saviour's on mount Zion & the[y] must receive their washings and their anointings for their dead the same as for themselves till the[y] are connected to the ones in the dispensation before us and trace their leniage to connect the priesthood again and if any other man preach any other gospel then this and the Baptism for the remission of sins and the laying on of hands for the reception of the holy ghost let him be anathematized or accursed The curs of god shall be upon him or them.

Then you must not only be baptized for them but they must receive the Holy Ghost by Proxy and be sealed by it unto the day of their redemption as all the other ordinances by proxy.

All persons who have been Baptized and who have received the Holy Ghost may be baptized for their ancestors or near relatives. God has administrators in the eternal world to release those spirits from Prison the ordinances being administered by proxy upon them the law is fulfilled.

Make Your Calling and Election Sure Oh! I beseech you to forward, go forward and make your calling and your election sure---and if any man preach any other gospel with that which I have preached, he shall be cursed, and some of you who now hear me, shall see it & know that I testify the truth concerning them; Nations Come to the Temple Then Return in regard to the law of the Priesthood--there should be a place where all nations shall come up from time to time to receive their endowments, and the Lord has said, this shall be the place for the baptism for the dead--every man that has been baptized and belongs to the Kingdom, has a right to be baptized for those who are gone before, and, as soon as the Law of the Gospel is obeyed here by their friends, who act as proxy for them, the Lord has administrators there to set them free--a man may act as proxy for his own relatives-- Ordinances put in Place Before the World Made the ordinances of the Gospel which was laid out before the foundation of the world has been thus fulfilled, by them, and we may be baptized for those who we have much friendship for, Baptized for Relatives and Friends (With Permission) but it must be first revealed to the man of God, lest we should run too far.... (1)

Reiterate one comment in the quote,

" till the[y] are connected to the ones in the dispensation before us "

"Baptized for Relatives and Friends (With Permission) but it must be first revealed to the man of God, lest we should run too far...."

millenium is living in a terrestial word, not telestial, its focus is different.

Edited by ElectofGod

I had never caught that 3 Nephi reference. Thanks for that. :)

For what it's worth, here's an alternate view (see discussion on verse 50) positing the 100-year figure.

It does seem that a case can be made for 100 years. I guess we will find out when we get there