Tell me something unique about where you live :)

Bini

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today, I turned on the heater in the car on my way to drop the kids off to school and turned on the cool air to pick them up from school. My kids went to school in a long sleeve shirt and shorts.

Yesterday, walking around the mall, almost every female wore boots. Almost all of the ones who were not wearing boots were wearing flip-flops. I was wearing flip flops. And we were in the restaurant where the female in the table next to us was wearing a sweater and a scarf and the male was wearing a sleeveless basketball jersey. And I was wearing a sweater. Yes, with my flip flops.

Students are not afraid to say they went to some church activity or sing in their church's choir. If you've spent time on almost any of this country's campuses, especially the state schools, you'd know this is unusual.

People are scarily polite here. Even the young 'uns.

I live near the Handcart Park, most of which they've tried to keep the same as when the pioneers were camped here.

Today, I turned on the heater in the car on my way to drop the kids off to school and turned on the cool air to pick them up from school. My kids went to school in a long sleeve shirt and shorts.

Yesterday, walking around the mall, almost every female wore boots. Almost all of the ones who were not wearing boots were wearing flip-flops. I was wearing flip flops. And we were in the restaurant where the female in the table next to us was wearing a sweater and a scarf and the male was wearing a sleeveless basketball jersey. And I was wearing a sweater. Yes, with my flip flops.

And just how cold was it there that you needed a sweater or boots?

I live at the mouth of a beautiful (year round) mountain canyon - that for those that love the outdoors has the best snow in the world for recreation. I sit at the door steps of the best ski resorts, as a group, than anywhere else in the world - one of which offers free skiing every day after 3 pm. :wub:

The Traveler

Basketball is sacred. Whole towns will close down early on a Friday night to attend the local high school basketball game.

Chili includes some type of pasta--usually macaroni.

This is like my hometown in the Philippines! We don't have space enough in my neighborhood to have a basketball court (that's how I know about the Mormons, they have a basketball court! LOL!) so the neighborhood put up a basketball hoop at one corner of an intersection. We had tournaments complete with uniforms and cheerleaders and announcer on a microphone, 3 on 3, using one hoop. The game goes on automatic timeout when a car passes. There would be so many teams that the tournament lasts 6 months!

Basketball is sacred. Whole towns will close down early on a Friday night to attend the local high school basketball game.

Football is the biggest sport in the city I live in, which absolutely defies understanding.

Chili includes some type of pasta--usually macaroni.

Totally an Indiana thing -- my brother-in-law's family has a chili cook-off every year, and at least one of them always has pasta in it. So weird.

Actually, they're from Louisville, now that I think about it. Close, though.

Wow here at 55 degrees we're in 5-shirts, shorts and flip flops. That's warm. :)

You wear five shirts? I mean, I know Mormons like to layer, but that's a bit excessive...

:D

Wow here at 55 degrees we're in T-shirts, shorts and flip flops. That's warm. :)

Yeah... there are even women here wearing fur-lined boots. It's a fashion thing more than an "I'm cold" thing. But yes, when the temperature drops below 60, it is brrrrr-cold that our fireplace would be blaring...

We live near a 16-square-mile man-made lake that was created for irrigation purposes. And yet, it's been declared a wildlife refuge and now the federal government wants to ban us from using it recreationally.

Yeah... there are even women here wearing fur-lined boots. It's a fashion thing more than an "I'm cold" thing. But yes, when the temperature drops below 60, it is brrrrr-cold that our fireplace would be blaring...

The coldest I have been is -78 degrees Fahrenheit. Without goggles your eyes will freeze. Not a place to be for the unprepared.

The Traveler

A quick five minute car journey from where I currently live, and I'd be in Broadway. A 15 minute journey, and I'd be in California. 20 minutes, and I'd be in Hollywood. The city I live in is twinned with Chicago.

Get off the video game Mahone. :D