Tell me something unique about where you live :)

Bini

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow! You were in the same town as Robert Downey Jr? :drool:

I was just thinking the same thing. My inner fan girl started screaming excitedly. Though Tom Hiddleston is my newest musing. (Oh, and he speaks fluent French, how WOWZA is that???)

Hey beefche...I can't believe we forgot blueberries!!

Blueberries? Um, I've not had Indiana blueberries. Now, mulberries or black berries...oh my goodness. My cousin and brother have plants of these at their house, and when I go to pick them, I end up eating more than makes into my bucket. Goodness, nothing like fresh black berries warm from the sun plucked amid the annoying bees.....

In my current area...

We live just beneath the hill where Weber State University has its hillside "W". This is currently electrical, ran by a couple of guys, but once upon a time the W was formed of plants that were eaten by local deer.

My hometown was originally built to be a temporary living quarters during WWII.

Oh wow! You were in the same town as Robert Downey Jr? :drool:
Well, they were filmed in downtown Cleveland...I live in a suburb. But Fun Size was filmed about 7 minutes from my house! (Not that I've seen it...it looked awful!)

Oh! But I did get to see some of the filming for Winter Soldier. I had jury duty last May when they were still doing some action scenes downtown, and during lunch one day, I walked by the street they were on. I snapped a couple of pictures for Instagram. Samuel L. Jackson was down there somewhere!

This is currently electrical

Is there another way?

(Please, don't let me have to post on the ''..because, you know..." thread.)

Got my computer science degree from Weber State. Nice place. My third son was born in McKay-Dee hospital just under sixteen years ago.

Is there another way?

(Please, don't let me have to post on the ''..because, you know..." thread.)

Got my computer science degree from Weber State. Nice place. My third son was born in McKay-Dee hospital just under sixteen years ago.

Apparently if you do things right, you lug the local Boy Scout troop up there to create the hillside letter with rocks and limestone in the wake of a town-dividing tragedy. Electrical is just gimmicky.

My mom and her friends would drag us kids to the blueberry patches and we would pick our own.

I hate mulberries. I remember those nasty things too.

What? You hate mulberries? How can that be? I love mulberries. Growing up on our dairy farm in Northern California we had a huge mulberry tree. It was so much fun to climb the tree and eat the mulberries. It's been years since I've had any mulberries. I've never seen any for sale in grocery stores.

Where I live, people actually walk to most places. :o:D

I read this and thought what is so surprising about people walking places - and then I looked at where you live and remembered my experiences in the USA and suddenly I understand why it is so surprising!

In my town most people walk to - but that is because we have a completely different attitude towards cars for the most part and we have better public transport!

And talking of various berries! My house has it its own Blackberry patch :) Which produces award winning ankle wrecking Blackberries!

I live in the land of mega churches. I am about 20 minutes from the now defunct Chrystal Cathedral which was sold to the Catholics after the death of Bob Schuller. On the way, you might pass the Trinity Broadcast Network's big wedding cake building with "Happy Birthday Jesus" written in neon on the top. Down the street is the Mariners mega church, and just a few miles from my house is Saddleback church, home of Rick Warren and the "Purpose Driven Life" found on, you guessed it, Purpose Drive. Each church is a full campus of buildings and huge parking lots.

I live in the land of mega churches. I am about 20 minutes from the now defunct Chrystal Cathedral which was sold to the Catholics after the death of Bob Schuller. On the way, you might pass the Trinity Broadcast Network's big wedding cake building with "Happy Birthday Jesus" written in neon on the top. Down the street is the Mariners mega church, and just a few miles from my house is Saddleback church, home of Rick Warren and the "Purpose Driven Life" found on, you guessed it, Purpose Drive. Each church is a full campus of buildings and huge parking lots.

Garden Grove, Santa Ana, Tustin, or Fullerton? ;)

I grew up in Anaheim, so I'm familiar with the Crystal Cathedral.

That Hour of Power show enraged me as a child- instead of cartoons, it was that. Made the list of "Why I Hate Sunday's" as a kid:lol:

Our one neighbour next door is awesome. She is a single woman and is the only one who voluntarily ploughs the snow off everyone's walkway. My husband does ours before and after work but sometimes we get so much snow, she does it in between those times. We've never had a neighbour so thoughtful in the past.

My hometown (where I grew up) needs ID to enter.

Once inside, you can send a 4yo out to play until sunset, and know they'll be totally safe & looked after. 5,6,7yos on up roam the streets, travelling miles from home, on roller-skates, bikes, and boards. The community pool is Olympic sized, free, and open all day long (none of this two hours 3x a week nonsense). Movie theatre, only one screen, but it played movies 24/7, and ditto... Was free. Just walk in.

I've come to realize I grew up in a town kinda like the fictional "Eureka".

We even had super snazzy tech years before the public.

Videophones in 1989.

Internet even earlier.

Huh.

((I currently live in hotels & airplanes. Hence the late entry. When, wait a sec!, inspiration dawns.))

Q