Finger foods for festivities

Backroads

On Thursday is my in-laws' Christmas party. Everyone is supposed to bring a finger food. All Husband's siblings have hit the most obvious categories (veggies, sausages, dip, taquitos) and we can't think of anything to bring.

(Husband wants nothing to do with meatballs)

Any ideas?

Puff pastry cheese straws - roll out some ready made puff pastry. sprinkle grated cheese on half of it, fold in half, reroll out, sprinke cheese and repeat once more. Brush with either a milk or egg wash and top with some more grated cheese. Cut into strips - and place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake (can't tell you the temp because I am not sure what it is - I just go by what it says on the packaging)

Sausage rolls - sausage meet wrapped in puff pastry and cooked for about 20 - mins until golden brown

Dravin and I like to go to Sam's club on Saturdays. One reason is for the free tastes they provide. Just last week we tried this one thing that was SO GOOD! It looked simple.

Cut up a green pepper (we thought a poblano would be better for a little heat) into 1 inch square. Layer the green pepper, a mini-sausage, a small dollop of cream cheese, and wrap it with bacon. Put a tooth pick through it to keep together (and it's used to serve with). Cook in oven at 350 until bacon is browned.

Gotta let it cool before serving as that cheese will burn your mouth. At Sam's, they used a large electric skillet with lid to cook it.

Seriously, hands down the best thing I've ever tasted at a grocery store.

Here's a recipe I found online that is similar:

Bacon Tailgate Recipe: Sausage, Cheese Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Jalapeños

I don't mess with the meatballs. I use those mini sausages, cover them in chili sauce (Heinz sells Chili Sauce), then put in about 1/4 cup of grape jelly. Put all of it in a crock pot and warm them up. Yum! Even my picky Dad likes them. Of course, he made a face when he asked for the recipe.