Occupation

Palerider

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I really hate saying this among circles that include Mormon Mommies from Utah, I'm a photographer.

But I'm a legit one -- legal and everything. I'm a small business owner. :)

And a stay-at-home mom. :)

why would you hate saying it? I think its great you have an job that you love and that you get to set your schedule for.

My neighbor a Mormon Mommy is also a photographer. :)

This has been on here before and thought it would be fun to do again.....

What is your line of work??

Time goes on and things change.....I was a Service Advisor at a RV Dealership for the past 10yrs......I have always commuted for work. Recently I took a job at a Ford Dealership as a Service Advisor and I now drive 7 miles to work and I go home for lunch. It's nice being close to home.

Babysitting college students and computers.

why would you hate saying it? I think its great you have an job that you love and that you get to set your schedule for.
My neighbor a Mormon Mommy is also a photographer. :)

That's why.

Every fourth Utah Mormon Mommy, it seems, "is a photographer." By which they mean, "Hey look, I have this awesome camera that takes really awesome pictures, and you have an awesome family. Wouldn't it be awesome if I did your pictures for $50??"

I have a very low-end dSLR camera. But I take good pictures with it. And I'm actually a legal business. I network and I market. I'm more than just a "momtog," so I don't like automatically getting lumped in with that group.

That's why.

Every fourth Utah Mormon Mommy, it seems, "is a photographer." By which they mean, "Hey look, I have this awesome camera that takes really awesome pictures, and you have an awesome family. Wouldn't it be awesome if I did your pictures for $50??"

I have a very low-end dSLR camera. But I take good pictures with it. And I'm actually a legal business. I network and I market. I'm more than just a "momtog," so I don't like automatically getting lumped in with that group.

Yes, I'd say there's a difference between your line of photography and the usual I-have-a-camera-and-a-blog.

Though, that being said, I am rather grateful for a sister and sister-in-law that fall into the latter category. Cheap if not free photos.

That's why.

We also get this in IT - teenagers and script kiddies that know enough to be dangerous advertising themselves as engineers and technicians. But then that's how I started out as well, and moved onwards from there.

Currently I am a self employed Process Server, serving the Clark County, WA area.

I am also a Verizon Wireless Sales Rep.

In time I will go back to school and pursue an MBA and dual major in infonomics, long term career choice is to start up a Cyber Security and Forensics firm.

Oh, and I am a full time single father as well to a beautiful 2 1/2 year old daughter.

How much does this pay?

Only my grandmother has one of these ball-jointed dolls on her desk and now I'm wondering about the career.

And I think of you every time I look at it.

I have 15 of those ball jointed dolls (lets see if I can name them all... Clover, Syrinx, Sarah (or Sang-Ki), Ivy, Lily (or Lilith), Piper, Prudence, Zoey, Patrick, Takine, Miho, Makemake, Lakumi, Shura and Vinayaka)

and it all depends on what you can do with it

namely what you can make, clothes, accessories, face ups, etc