Sledding in Tennessee

Brian_AL

Hello folks.

I'm trying to take the family on an impromptu sledding trip. We don't have any snow in Huntsville, AL. Actually, we haven't had any snow all year. The kids are 5, 5, 3, 2 (obviously LDS!). I was thinking or renting a cabin tonight and tomorrow and driving home Sunday.

I'd be willing to drive as far as Gatlinburg, but we don't really need a ski slope or those expenses. We just need some snow and a little hill. Does anyone have any recomendations or can tell me of the current conditions? With all the cold weather, I don't want to put anyone in jeapordy but we NEED to get out there and slide around!

We may try to attend a local ward before driving home on Sunday.

Thanks for the help,

Brian

Sorry I can't help you but if you and your family ever decide to come to Utah - we have LOTS OF SNOW - and much more than we need, really.. Still, it's beautiful.

I wish that were true. As much as I despise snow we need more and lots of it. We are far below the normal snowpack levels and this will have an adverse effect on our water supply during the summer months.

I wish that were true. As much as I despise snow we need more and lots of it. We are far below the normal snowpack levels and this will have an adverse effect on our water supply during the summer months.

Correction. Were I live there is way too much snow! While it's not as much or even melted in other areas, we just have a TON of it. It just seems to stick around much longer where I'm at. And we got a lot of "sledding hills" in our area that local kids like to use. Still too far for Brian though, I'd imagine :)

I serve my mission in Tennessee... but I was in Virginia for both of my winters in the field. There's a ward in Sevierville (near Gatlinburg) that you could visit. That was the first area I served in.

Since I broke my leg in a snowball fight on New Years Day, 2001... snow became a 4-letter word. :)