South Jordan Utah Emergency Preparedness Fair

Free Community Emergency Preparedness Fair

The community preparedness fair will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 25 at Early Light Academy (11709 Vadania Drive) and will feature a variety of speakers, classes and activities to help everyone learn more about how to be ready for the worst-case scenario.

The fair held on January 25th this year was so successful, that most of the vendors have already signed up for next year and asked us to extend the fair by 2 hours.

Scheduled speakers include Maralin Hoff from Be Ready Utah, representatives from Utah Disaster Kleenup, volunteers from the American Red Cross and spokespeople from Questar.

In addition, public emergency first-responders from the South Jordan police and fire departments will be available to answer questions and provide information.

Classes will include first aid practices, how to filter water, proper sanitation practices, financial planning for an emergency, how to create a family emergency and evacuation plan and maintaining emotional wellbeing during a crisis. There will also be food storage meal cooking demonstrations.

Many of the classes will be given more than once during the event, so those interested are invited to attend and participate at any time their schedules permit.

Vendors will also be there with booths and demonstrations of products that can be purchased to prepare for an emergency.

Local businesses, such as Jenkins Soffe Mortuary, will also make presentations on topics such as how to plan for the death of family members.

This is a free event that is open to the entire community.

Edited by mirkwood

wow this sounds cool!! Wish I could go, but way to far. Maybe you can share some of the insights to what you learned with us.

As for me I'm going to take a nap soon above my electric blanket, so toasty warm and get ready for stake conf. tonight.

I only buy from EE, Shelf Reliance or Augason Farms if there is a sale price. It is all expensive now. I have also noticed the Thrive line seems to be more expensive. Funny thing about EE and SR is they both have their food lines manufactured by MH.

yes pam that was what i was referring too, its amazing how you understand me @ times lol :)

I've known you for almost 15 years. You kind of catch onto things after awhile. :)