What your avatar says about yourself

Suzie

Do not mess with me. I ain't your 'girl,' I ain't your maid, and I ain't your mammy. I've escaped the plantation of liberalism and if you think my politics are unusual for a woman of color, that's your problem. If you are surprised that a 'colored gal' could get a JD and a PhD, while you only finished high school, that's your problem. Your limitations are your own.

I've been thinking of changing it, though. Maybe a unicorn or a fairy or something. Something cute and inoffensive. : )

What does my avatar say about me?

Mona Lisa is considered to be Lisa Gherardini, wife of a Florentine cloth merchant named Francesco del Giocondo. Mona in Italian is a polite form of address originating as ma donna —similar to Ma’am, Madam, or "my lady" in English (so my choice of name classylady fits). Even though veils were commonly worn to portray virtue at that time, the delicate dark veil that Mona Lisa wears could be considered a mourning veil. Lisa and her husband had a daughter die in 1499 about five years before Leonardo painted the painting. I have a daughter that died, and I still grieve over her death. I don't wear a veil, but I could see myself wearing a veil in mourning if that was our culture.

Mona's smile is one that has been studied over and over. Some would call it enigmatic or mysterious. I happen to like her soft smile. That is so me. I'm not loud or boisterous, and a smiling woman portrays me much better than a laughing woman would. Mona Lisa is also portrayed as serene and simple. That is also me. I'm definitely not the flighty sort.

Edit: The first time I saw the Mona Lisa, I was a little disappointed at how small the painting actually is. With subsequent visits to the Louvre Museum, no such disappointment exists. I'm enthralled every time. Now that she's behind bullet proof glass, and cordoned off by cords, it's hard to get really close to study her. Last time I was there I had my mother with me. Mom was in a wheelchair, so she was allowed to get behind the cords, and get up close and personal to Mona Lisa. Sigh. I'd love the same opportunity. My daughter, who was pushing mom in the wheelchair, got to get up close and personal too. I was 18 years old when I first saw Mona Lisa. If my memory serves me correctly, it seems like I was able to get a closer view.

Edited by classylady

Hidden

Lagertha was a Viking shield-maiden (warrior), strong in battle, passionate in love, devoted to her family but tough as nails in the face of challenge. She also had a bad temper.

Saxo the chronicler described her as: "Ladgerda, a skilled Amazon, who, though a maiden, had the courage of a man, and fought in front among the bravest with her hair loose over her shoulders. All marveled at her matchless deeds, for her lock flying down her back betrayed that she was a woman."

There are variations on the spelling of her name...but I added the 'z' for some reason I can't recall now.

I wish I knew her! (so long as I was on her side of the battlefield :D )

Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

My avatar just depects a hard carve kiteboarding. I like to kiteboard tuning into both the rythms of the ocean and wind while breaking free of gravity, I don't use a twintip too much anymore and spend most of my time on a surfboard (strapless).

I used to feel close to Heavenly Father when I'm on the ocean, I don't so much anymore, not sure why. Maybe because it no longer provides the solice it used to and I pretty much carry the pressure and pains of life everywhere I go now. I now feel closest to him when I'm in the temple or spending time with my kids.

Edited by Windseeker

My avatar just depicts a hard carve kiteboarding. I like to kiteboard tuning into both the rhythms of the ocean and wind while occasionally breaking the bonds of gravity, I don't use a twintip too much anymore and spend most of my time on a surfboard (strapless).

I used to feel close to Heavenly Father when I'm on the ocean, I don't so much anymore, not sure why. Maybe because it no longer provides the solace it used to and I pretty much carry the pressure and pains of life everywhere I go now. I now feel closest to him when I'm in the temple or spending time with my kids.

Nothing.

It says you make foam figurines.

Mine says I am weirdly susceptible to Bini's requests for avatar change. But be assured: Beneath that calm, cool, domestic-chore-performing exterior, I am a doe-eyed Icelandic girl.

With a mushroom-cloud Bozo head.

Proclaiming how, like you, I'm pretty gangster.

2263250351_f05e2de9d3.jpg
Jennifer-Proffitt-Morning-Coffee-Doomsda
i-noticed-that-you-re-gangster-i-m-prett Edited by Vort

I don't usually give my full name online but...(will make the exception).

*clearing throat*

1. I'm Princess Diana of Themyscira. :)

2. I have a lasso of truth (and I have used it quite often here on this forum so watch out :mellow:hmmmm), a gorgeous tiara and a pair of indestructible bracelets to protect myself.

3. Of course, since I am also a celebrity...I must have my own jet, right? But let me assure you, all those wanna be celebrities cannot match MY invisible one ;).

4. Pfff...I'm GORGEOUS.

What about you?

Why do you have an invisible jet when you can fly?

What it says about me?

I'm a quiet fairy-tale obsessed girl who feels at home in the woods.

The reality why I picked it at the time?

I like Belle and I felt the path behind her went with my username.

I kind of want the glitch to go away so I can switch back to a Toothless avatar.