What your avatar says about yourself

Suzie

It says I'm sad on 3 different levels:

1. Not only knowing about but actually liking the 1968 TV show The Prisoner ("You are Number 6. I am not a number! I am a free man!").
  2. Not so much knowing about complex numbers (many people have that information thrust unwillingly upon them) but thinking that they are cool.
  3. Having read into the topic of complex numbers enough to know that i is not strictly speaking a number but an operator. (Hence the "joke".)

I was introduced to The Prisoner when I was a freshman at college, by a guy who now (despite having a masters degree in engineering) makes his living writing articles for the Dr. Who magazine.

Edited by Jamie123

It says I'm sad on 3 different levels:

1. Not only knowing about but actually liking the 1968 TV show The Prisoner ("You are Number 6. I am not a number! I am a free man!").
  2. Not so much knowing about complex numbers (many people have that information thrust unwillingly upon them) but thinking that they are cool.
  3. Having read into the topic of complex numbers enough to know that i is not strictly speaking a number but an operator. (Hence the "joke".)

I was introduced to The Prisoner when I was a freshman at college, by a guy who now (despite having a masters degree in engineering) makes his living writing articles for the Dr. Who magazine.

Plus, you like penny-farthings. Here in Redmond, we take our penny-farthings seriously.

220px-Redmond_bicycle_sign.jpg

Here:

toothless.png

Then you have a chance at winning the staring contest too.

\

Here is the real winner of the staring contest. This is Julie Bishop, Australia's current Foreign Minister, in a staring competition with a garden gnome on national television. This clip dates back a few years to when she was Deputy Leader of the Opposition. The good bit starts at about 3:05

Edited by askandanswer