recording a baptism

yourownfree

If you're talking about the entire baptism service, then I can't see there being a problem.

Recording the ordinance, I *think* is not allowed - particularly by video.

But let's not forget that when one 'feels the need'... that they can attend Sacrament meeting and partake of the Sacrament. It's the actual ordinance to renew our baptismal covenants and we can do it every week.

Here's some stuff from CHI 1:

16.1.5 Recording the Words of Ordinances and Blessings

Patriarchal blessings are recorded and transcribed. The exact wording of other ordinances and blessings is not recorded in writing or by recording device. However, a family may record father’s blessings.

16.1.6 Photographs and Video Recordings of Ordinances and Blessings

No one should take photographs, motion pictures, or video recordings of priesthood ordinances or blessings or of baptismal services.

I'm a bit of an apostate in this regard. Just_A_Girl and I audio-recorded each of our baby's blessings, transcribed them, and put the transcription in our children's baby books. I think we may do the same thing with confirmation blessings and priesthood ordinations (and probably also special father's blessings for our girls when they turn 12, 14, 16, and 18).

But we only kept the audio recordings long enough to make the written transcription, and then we destroyed them. There are limits to the kinds of apostasy we will tolerate! *sniff* :nownow:

I'd record anything like that I was involved in, due to my tendancy to make things strange and often terrifying to outside eyes.

Making me assume I'd be the only one there, (along with the person doing the baptizing)

Being baptized into the church requires more than just you and the person baptizing you - there have to be witnesses.

And - as outlined in another post, recording of ordinances or the baptismal service is not allowed.

Being baptized into the church requires more than just you and the person baptizing you - there have to be witnesses.

And - as outlined in another post, recording of ordinances or the baptismal service is not allowed.

then that wouldn't be photograped

as for witnesses then, I guess a few brave people... I donno, as I have said I have planned strange things for major events should they occur (baptism, wedding) and the one that will occur (funeral)

how I think seems to ooze into all sorts of parts of my life, I can't go with the flow :lol:

I remember people recording baby blessings and such back in the days. I think it is against the rules, now. I know we were told it was when my kids were baptized. The whole group was told. They read some quote from a manual. I was told the same thing when they were blessed, but not the quote. Now, I don't have any authority. Just telling you what is was told...