Chemise or regular? Garments HELP

Antoniette

Hello fellow sisters!!!!

I have a question: I own the regular women's top garment (100% cottom) but the part where I should "fill" my boobs....well I can't fill it... and it can get really unconfortable sometimes...

Have any of you experienced this? Chemise tops are better?

thank you

PS: sorry, my english is terrible, I'm french

Chemise tops are better, because they don't have the seams in the bust. The Carinessa ones also have a little "hold it in" action, which I like. :) The only downside of those is that some of my bras don't fit as well, but that's not a problem if I wear it under the garment (which I just fairly recently learned is perfectly okay). Good luck!

I prefer to wear my bra first, as it fits correctly that way; and since I'm large-busted, it is healthier and more attractive to wear it that way instead of having the problem of overflowing boobs. I prefer to wear a chemise-style garment top over it, which is just t-shirt-like, and lays smoothly underneath whatever else I'm wearing.

Hi Antoinette, I can't fit the boobs part either so I think you and I have the same problem. I'm 5'0". I use the Carinessa chemise. I am allergic to certain fabrics and I live in Florida (talk about hot and humid!) but I find the Carinessa is just fine for me. I don't need a bra with the Carinessa as it holds it like a thin sports bra would (which is all I need for my size) so it's a win for me.

And yes, you can get it from your distribution center and you can see if they have the Carinessa so you can feel it before you buy it.

My problem with the distribution center is that they don't carry Carinessa, so I don't know if I can go there a request a special order just for me...

Is that possible?

Yes, it's possible. Just call them first to be sure.

By the way, you can also get 100% cotton in chemise, so if you can ask your Distribution Center if they can have both 100% cotton and Carinessa, that would be even better so you can choose between the two.

By the way, just fyi... the Carinessa bottoms don't come in petite. And the regular ones go BELOW my knee at 5'0"... It would probably be still too long for you at 5'2" if you're used to the cotton petite size. So you might have to get a different material for the bottoms. This would drive my OCD self crazy having 2 different materials, so I would just go with the longer bottoms in this case but I was able to get special sizing provision for being 5'0" by giving the LDS clothing store my measurements so I was able to get Carinessa bottoms in shorter size. But I don't know how that would work in France.

Edited by anatess

Just another question: why cottom garments are more expensive than, for example, nylon mesh?

Nylon mesh is AWFUL

I'm guessing because nylon mesh material is cheaper than cotton. I agree with it being awful. I have a few of them and it's the worst ones I have. I like the Drysilque better and it has the same "wicking" feature.

Drysilque and nylon mesh feel like a plastic bag on my body!!! hahahahahahahahaha on top of that, my allergies make them unwearable for me =( so I only buy 100% cottom.

Question: how do you girls handle garments and the period?!! I had to throw again many bottom pieces because they were covert in blood and I use tampons but it's terrible...

Drysilque and nylon mesh feel like a plastic bag on my body!!! hahahahahahahahaha on top of that, my allergies make them unwearable for me =( so I only buy 100% cottom.

Question: how do you girls handle garments and the period?!! I had to throw again many bottom pieces because they were covert in blood and I use tampons but it's terrible...

I put sanitary napkin on regular panties under my garments.

By the way, so you won't have to throw out stained garments, you can soak it in cold water with baking soda overnight. Or, you can soak the stained spot with peroxide and blot out the fizz. Then launder as usuall when the stain is lifted.

Edited by anatess

Yeah, I'd say size matters. I like the chemise okay, but I'm bigger there and the regular fits better. I'm currently still wearing the nursing tops and, well, I think they're my favorite, just because of how they fit. I may extend breastfeeding just to have an excuse to wear them.

Hydrogen peroxide will take out blood.Then soak in Oxiclean. I've never had to throw garments away.

Edit: Perimenopause made periods very heavy for me. So pads were a must in addition to tampons. The new pads are so thin and the wings stick down the legs of the garment instead of around the elastic of panties. I thought it worked better because there was never any leakage that wasn't controlled.

Edited by applepansy

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 5'5" but have shorter legs (28-29 inch inseam). I tried on the Carinessa bottoms and they go way past my knee. I would have tried to buy it but I have knee problems and figured it would irritate them. It was a shame because material and fit probably felt the best. Unfortunately, the temple sold me a pair of garments that was many times too small that I ended up wearing for my endowments (distribution center was closed). A couple items I bought are too big or the wrong material (makes me itchy) so I will have to see if someone is making a trip to the temple soon. I'm only left with 2 pairs of garments that at least works for now. I couldn't afford to buy any new underwear and have kept my current ones up for the last 4 years. It's hard because I spent less than $2 a pair on the cotton underwear I bought from the mall stores.

• 8 months later...

I'm 5'5" but have shorter legs (28-29 inch inseam). I tried on the Carinessa bottoms and they go way past my knee. I would have tried to buy it but I have knee problems and figured it would irritate them. It was a shame because material and fit probably felt the best. Unfortunately, the temple sold me a pair of garments that was many times too small that I ended up wearing for my endowments (distribution center was closed). A couple items I bought are too big or the wrong material (makes me itchy) so I will have to see if someone is making a trip to the temple soon. I'm only left with 2 pairs of garments that at least works for now.

You can go to Beehive or the distribution center and be measured and fitted for garments that will address your particular body issues. I am very short waisted and struggled for years until I found out about this.

Go get fitted andorder some garments with your specifications which would include your unique measurements and material preference. If they work well for you, on future orders you reference your custom fitting information (they'll keep it on file for you) and just order as needed. You can apply your measurements to different styles and materials but be aware that not all materials may be applied to all styles.

For example, I prefer the flare leg style. I can get them in mesh which works well in extreme heat. The thermal leggings can be ordered with a longer inseam for my longer legs; the waistband doesn't roll on my chest once the short waisted measurements are applied.

I hope this helps and you can be more comfortable as you enjoy this blessing from Our Father.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...