Deport Justin Bieber Petition

Bini

I about laughed my behind off when I read a headline about people wanting and signing a petition to deport teen sensation, Justin Bieber. I've read a lot of comments on the issue and while the majority of people agree that he's not the best role model for our kids, surprisingly many of those same people believe such a thing is unconstitutional. I thought about this for a bit and talked to my sister regarding her thoughts. She's in law by profession. She basically said that it might seem ridiculous but it's not such an off-the-wall notion. This is what she said and I quote:

We do deport criminals, actually. If they aren't citizens and have broken a law. DUI can be a deportable offense, depending on your immigration status.

First, I had no idea. Wow and wow. Any of you guys care either way what happens to this punk? :D

Deporting him won't change anything. Like he can't record a song in Canada? Does TMZ not report on Canadian celebrities?

Deporting him is not to keep him from recording his songs - it is to get him out of the USA so he can't do harm to any innocents here in the US by his out of control drinking, drug use.

Let him continue to record in Canada - who cares? Thank heavens I am too old for his music.

I say we get rid of Miley Cyrus too - what a s*&nk she is.

I say we get rid of Miley Cyrus too - what a s*&nk she is.

Well unfortunately she's an American so deporting her is out of the question. But I understand your sentiment.

I think deporting him sounds grand. Listen, you want to do those things in the US. You have to be a citizen. He has no right to our weak DUI laws. And he has no right to our weak system that allows celebrities so much more lenience than the average American. :)

Who is Tom Hiddleston? And I'm being serious.

He played Loki in Thor and The Avengers.

Deporting him is not to keep him from recording his songs - it is to get him out of the USA so he can't do harm to any innocents here in the US by his out of control drinking, drug use.

But he can still harm innocents here. His actions -- which would still be publicized -- set a poor example to all those who follow him or wish to be like him. And that can happen in Canada just as much as in America.

Hidden

This is a dark and risky fantasy of mine and I acknowledge its danger, but… here it is:

I wish* Beiber and Miley Cyrus and every other really stupid young celebrity would get into some sort of accident or trouble that seriously harms some innocent person so a lesson will be taught.

*I don't actually wish this, this is merely a dark and bitter daydream.

I about laughed my behind off when I read a headline about people wanting and signing a petition to deport teen sensation, Justin Bieber. I've read a lot of comments on the issue and while the majority of people agree that he's not the best role model for our kids, surprisingly many of those same people believe such a thing is unconstitutional. I thought about this for a bit and talked to my sister regarding her thoughts. She's in law by profession. She basically said that it might seem ridiculous but it's not such an off-the-wall notion. This is what she said and I quote:

First, I had no idea. Wow and wow. Any of you guys care either way what happens to this punk? :D

No. but these kind of petitions are even more dumb.

• 4 weeks later...