Medical Marijuana patient with house guest

cannamor

I'm a medical marijuana patient and LDS. I have a close friend who recently return from his mission staying with me for 2 weeks. I grow my own medicine to avoid using channels that could have illegal activity. Please keep in mind its legal in my state. Well my dilemma is, I need to be able to tend to my plants (water-heat-light adjustment-nutrients) at least once a day. I have a whole room dedicated to my indoor vegetable garden and cannabis plants. The scent of a cannabis plant is strong and noticeable so if I were to enter the room the house would smell of it for around 10 min. should I just sit down with him and explain the situation? I'm worried he might be offended or disturbed by the idea. Please send me some opinions quickly. Its day 2 of him being here and its becoming very difficult. thanks.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's going to find out sooner or later, and his imagination will be way worse at getting to the truth that you telling him the truth. He's your roomate and close friend. Sit down and talk. You might preface the talk by explaining that you feel cautious about talking because you are worried about being judged, but you trust him as a friend to try and understand your situation.

Why do you have to hide your plants? Are you ashamed of being a medical marijuana patient or ashamed of growing your own meds? Why?

Before you invited your house guest over, you should have explained the situation to him. But, as that is water under the bridge now, then the next best thing is to explain the situation to him as soon as possible. Like, right now. Your guest has a choice - be okay with it and stay or not be okay and make other arrangements. That is beyond your control which is just fine. What is terrible is hiding it such that your house guest is stripped of choice. It's like lying really.

My kids have 6 ball python pets. Nobody goes in our house unless they know and are okay with them being in a house with big snakes. Same thing, really.

Edited by anatess

My kids have 6 ball python pets. Nobody goes in our house unless they know and are okay with them being in a house with big snakes. Same thing, really.

No it's really not the same thing. The church still has not taken a stand regarding medical marijuana. As it stands right now it is still against the Word of Wisdom.

A young man just returned from a mission could have some concerns that he is now living in a house where the Word of Wisdom is not being followed. Marijuana and snakes don't come close to being the same.

No it's really not the same thing. The church still has not taken a stand regarding medical marijuana. As it stands right now it is still against the Word of Wisdom.

A young man just returned from a mission could have some concerns that he is now living in a house where the Word of Wisdom is not being followed. Marijuana and snakes don't come close to being the same.

The connection that I believe Anatess was trying to make is that OP should have brought the situation up BEFORE allowing his guest to stay with him. Then the RM could have made his own decision on the matter.

I didn't see exactly where OP is asking for opinions on whether or not it violates the WOW. It seemed he just wanted input on how he should break the news to his house guest about his growing...

I don't hide my plants. They are in my indoor vegetable garden which is sealed to keep proper temperatures and reduce bugs and disease. Why do you assume I'm hiding them?

Pam it's between my bishop and I whether I'm breaking the words of wisdom. My doctor recommended I try cannabis as an alternative medicine. So please don't try to judge me and my home. My friend is not my roommate and he just happened to come into town spur of the moment and needed a place to stay. I open my house to all my friends and family.

He's going to find out sooner or later, and his imagination will be way worse at getting to the truth that you telling him the truth. He's your roomate and close friend. Sit down and talk. You might preface the talk by explaining that you feel cautious about talking because you are worried about being judged, but you trust him as a friend to try and understand your situation.

Thanks for this. I really appreciate a honest non judgemental response. This means a lot to me.

h07B9126A

in regards to the OP, well I'd just come right out and say it, leaving something like that hidden for someone to just find can be far more damaging and people tend to react more when they stumble upon things like that vs being just told

in my experience

I don't hide my plants. They are in my indoor vegetable garden which is sealed to keep proper temperatures and reduce bugs and disease. Why do you assume I'm hiding them?

Pam it's between my bishop and I whether I'm breaking the words of wisdom. My doctor recommended I try cannabis as an alternative medicine. So please don't try to judge me and my home. My friend is not my roommate and he just happened to come into town spur of the moment and needed a place to stay. I open my house to all my friends and family.

I was not judging you at all. I was merely giving an explanation as to why someone living or visiting you might be uncomfortable with it.

Because you said you can't tend to the plants because of your house guest... at least that's how I understood it.

The word of wisdom speaks against the misuse of substances. It's doesn't apply when you have a doctors recommendation for it. Trust me, pharmaceuticals were doing me more harm then good and yet no one put up a fuss when I took them. Funny how that works.

No one here - not a single one - put up a fuss when you said you are using them. Yet you seem to think that all the posts, except one, is judgemental - and that includes mine.

In my opinion, you are very defensive about it. It's like you expected us to jump your throat or something... hard to give advice to someone who thinks you're judgmental.

Well, hope you find the answers you are looking for.

So what does the marimor name mean?

Why are you wasting my time? Oh wait I'm wasting my own time. What do you think it means! Cannabis "mormon". You can't put it together? I'm on a lds (mormon) forum asking about the plant cannabis. Marimor wouldn't let me log in so I had to create a different user name. Oh and if you couldn't figure that out marijuana mormon.

Why are you wasting my time? Oh wait I'm wasting my own time. What do you think it means! Cannabis "mormon". You can't put it together? I'm on a lds (mormon) forum asking about the plant cannabis. Marimor wouldn't let me log in so I had to create a different user name. Oh and if you couldn't figure that out marijuana mormon.

Okay, I'm confused. I thought you said Canna was for Canna Lily and MOR is your initials...

I guess I can't figure it out. In one post you state that canna is for the lilly and mor was for your initials. Now you say it's for cannabis mormon. So I assumed for marimor, mor was once again for your initials.

So you have to understand my confusion.

And don't think that asking about your name is unique. We ask a lot of people for explanations to their username. :)