Medical Marijuana patient with house guest

cannamor

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to regularly scheduled programming...

Your entire house probably smells like cannabis, and possibly your whole block, depending on at what cycle your plants happen to be in, and which strains you're growing. Back when, and in places that growing is illegals, tens of thousands are spent in various methods trying to keep the smell down.

So your houseguest undoubtedly knows.

Which makes it sound like the uncomfortable aspect is the elephant in the room?

Is there a reason not to just talk with him about it?

Q

Okay, this might be because I'm Filipino but I'm completely lost in this thread... One post you say "Thanks for not being judgmental" then on another post you say "Don't judge me and my house" then on another post you say "nobody's judgmental" and on another post you say "I can't tend to my plants" and then on another post you say, "I'm not hiding the plants" and then on another post you say Canna Lily then on another post you say Cannabis...

And I can't figure out which is sarcastic and which is not and which is judgmental and which is not and how to make heads or tails out of everything...

Maybe a smiley like this :D to indicate "being sarcastic folks" would make a small dent but I don't know... maybe I should just get my :popcorn: and sit on the sidelines on this one.

Okay, this might be because I'm Filipino but I'm completely lost in this thread... One post you say "Thanks for not being judgmental" then on another post you say "Don't judge me and my house" then on another post you say "nobody's judgmental" and on another post you say "I can't tend to my plants" and then on another post you say, "I'm not hiding the plants" and then on another post you say Canna Lily then on another post you say Cannabis...

And I can't figure out which is sarcastic and which is not and which is judgmental and which is not and how to make heads or tails out of everything...

Maybe a smiley like this :D to indicate "being sarcastic folks" would make a small dent but I don't know... maybe I should just get my :popcorn: and sit on the sidelines on this one.

Move over and share the popcorn. I think I need to join you on this one.

I know you didn't ask but I'm going to say it anyway -

Just because an 'expert' (aka doctor in this case) suggests something, doesn't mean you necessarily do it. When a friend of mine was pregnant, her doctor suggested an abortion because he thought the child had Down Syndrome. Not only is that a pitiful reason to end a much anticipated pregnancy but the child (now 10) is perfectly healthy. I know of someone else that followed an 'experts' advice that led to a long and rocky path because it contradicts what THE expert wants us to do.

I agree that pharmaceuticals aren't really that great (only an expensive bandaid) but I'd go to a Naturopath before going the marijuana route. Western-trained doctors don't know everything and haven't been educated much beyond 'prescribe and cut'. An ND may be able to help with your situation and point you in a different direction. There are so many other options out there that people just don't realize.

Also, I think it's great how willing you are to open your home to family and friends.

Having defended more than my share of marijuana cases, I just think it's marvelous how medical marijuana is now available in some localities to assuage the needs of thousands of twenty-something, otherwise-healthy young men who nevertheless suffer from mysterious chronic pain that no other medication can alleviate.

And to the OP: I think it's commendable how, even though medical mj is legal in your state, you still purchase hundreds (thousands?) of dollars' worth of equipment for your grow operation just to make sure you personally aren't using any of the bad stuff. Maybe you should see if your bishop will reimburse you for some of that as a medical expense.

No it's really not the same thing. The church still has not taken a stand regarding medical marijuana. As it stands right now it is still against the Word of Wisdom.

A young man just returned from a mission could have some concerns that he is now living in a house where the Word of Wisdom is not being followed. Marijuana and snakes don't come close to being the same.

Not entirely.

D&C 89:10

And again, verily I say unto you, all wholesome herbs God hath ordained for the constitution, nature, and use of man—

We can argue about the word "wholesome" but marijuana is an herb. If used correctly it has its place.

Personally I won't use it for my chronic pain. I don't care how much pain I'm in or how much it might help. I know what it does the the brain and I want to be able to think.

Back on topic.... to the OP, just explain to your guest. Its legal in your state. You're using it for medicinal purposes. That's the end of it.

It's just curious that you would literally make pot your identity, while swearing that it's only medicinal. I guess I could call myself Thymor since I take thyroid pills.

Eowyn. Stop right there. Know you're being serious but that made me snort so hard. Okay, okay. Let me try. My turn... I would be called Shermor because I can't get enough of Sherlock. Or, second option, Chomor because I'm obsessed with chocolate. Oh, one last one, how about migmor because I've been having more migraines than usual.

Someone start a x-mor thread please!

Eowyn. Stop right there. Know you're being serious but that made me snort so hard. Okay, okay. Let me try. My turn... I would be called Shermor because I can't get enough of Sherlock. Or, second option, Chomor because I'm obsessed with chocolate. Oh, one last one, how about migmor because I've been having more migraines than usual.

Someone start a x-mor thread please!

You want a thread about ex mormons?

Why are you wasting my time? Oh wait I'm wasting my own time. What do you think it means! Cannabis "mormon". You can't put it together? I'm on a lds (mormon) forum asking about the plant cannabis. Marimor wouldn't let me log in so I had to create a different user name. Oh and if you couldn't figure that out marijuana mormon.

It's clear who is being the judgmental one on this thread.

No it's really not the same thing. The church still has not taken a stand regarding medical marijuana. As it stands right now it is still against the Word of Wisdom.

A young man just returned from a mission could have some concerns that he is now living in a house where the Word of Wisdom is not being followed. Marijuana and snakes don't come close to being the same.

That and snakes tend to move around more and bite a little more often than plants do.

• 3 years later...