I was told there are not frats at BYU is this true ?

I personally think fraternities should be abolished from all campuses in the united states

I had been told by some friends that I should be going to BYU, because its all "Business".

I have also been told that BYU , has the most strict honor code in the USA college system and that, it also has the highest Muslim student body because of the strict honor system

Yes, it's true. No frats or sororities at BYU. The only Greeks at BYU are the European kind.

As for BYU being "all business": Not really. I'm sure it's become much more competitive than since I was there in the '80s, but there is so much to do at BYU socially and otherwise that it's really a very well-rounded experience for anyone who actually WANTS a well-rounded experience.

Yes, it's true. No frats or sororities at BYU. The only Greeks at BYU are the European kind.

As for BYU being "all business": Not really. I'm sure it's become much more competitive than since I was there in the '80s, but there is so much to do at BYU socially and otherwise that it's really a very well-rounded experience for anyone who actually WANTS a well-rounded experience.

Do you know if its true, that BYU has the highest Muslim population due to the honor code?

I think it is beyond ridiculous that state universities preach "Integrity" then at the same time, allow alcohol on campus. I think school should be where you go to put your 8 or 16 hours in a day and nothing more. Other then religious organizations, I don't see the justifications of any other activities.

Do you know if its true, that BYU has the highest Muslim population due to the honor code?

I think it is beyond ridiculous that state universities preach "Integrity" then at the same time, allow alcohol on campus. I think school should be where you go to put your 8 or 16 hours in a day and nothing more. Other then religious organizations, I don't see the justifications of any other activities.

1) Alcohol is a legal substance, for those over the age of 21.

1.5) Many, if not most, colleges ban alcohol consumption on campus... The vast majority of college drinking is done off campus. Either in off campus housing/dorms/private residences, or in bars.

2) Uni has ALWAYS been about more than simply academics. Athletics, Arts, Travel, Fundraising, & Connections/Networking just to name a few. Dueling, even, if one wants to look at German history... Although dueling has been banned in most German Unis, dueling scars were a mark of one's higher learning once upon a time.

Q

How funny that they pick on the coffee rule for BYU. The person who wrote that "article" clearly doesn't realize that (according to Vort) 98.5% of the students at BYU don't have to go without coffee for four years for the sake of their education -- they've likely never had it, or if they have, not in a pattern such that skipping it would be a huge adjustment.

How funny that they pick on the coffee rule for BYU. The person who wrote that "article" clearly doesn't realize that (according to Vort) 98.5% of the students at BYU don't have to go without coffee for four years for the sake of their education -- they've likely never had it, or if they have, not in a pattern such that skipping it would be a huge adjustment.

Agreed. Frankly, the guy who wrote it is an idiot, or a convincing imitation of one.

By the way, the 98.5% statistic came from a web site. Don't remember which, and I can't personally vouch for it, but I didn't just make it up. I can find it if you're curious.

By the way, the 98.5% statistic came from a web site. Don't remember which, and I can't personally vouch for it, but I didn't just make it up. I can find it if you're curious.

Nah...I wasn't questioning it. I only mentioned you referring to it for the sake of continuity in the thread.