Breaking a sealing to be resealed!

georgia2

Two questions in one night! WHOA!

I have a friend whose ex has not sent in the letter requested from him regarding his opinion or feeling on breaking the sealing. The letter was sent about six months ago and no response. She has been told no action can take place until correspondence is received from him. I thought that if no answer is received within a certain period the breaking of the sealing would move forward so that she can be sealed to her current husband .

That is the impression I was under, if all reasonable effort to contact the ex spouse and get the appropriate documents fails.

Has your friend brought up that bit? Sometimes leadership just doesn't know.

Of course, we both could be dead wrong, but it never hurts to ask questions on these sorts of things to make sure everyone is on the same page.

If reasonable efforts have been made to get a response then the process should move forward. The bishop should send a certified receipt letter requesting correspondence. Then maybe 3-4 weeks later continue with the process if no responce.