Mormon Women Leaders Announce International Board Members

Connie

Guest LiterateParakeet

Wonderful news. My first thought was, "Why didn't we do this sooner?" (I often ask myself the same question about personal issues :)) Then as I continued reading my question was answered with this:

“The technology is here now that we can communicate easily with sisters in other parts of the world,” added Sister Oscarson, who said teleconferences, cell phones and email that are now more readily available across the globe make it easier to correspond with the Young Women general board.

Of course! Anyway, wonderful news!

The best part of this announcement , when I saw this on Facebook was this:

The Young Women organization will now have five board members who live outside of Utah, four internationally.

I just thought the mention of "outside of Utah" was pretty funny and interesting. It was as if no leader ever came from outside Utah :)

Ahhhhhh, this is like one of those games where you have to pick the odd one out lets see

Africa , Japan, Brazil, Peru and New York umm what is going on in NYC that we need eyes so closely on from SLC????

The church is divided into 6 Regions

Select a Region

2 of them were completely ignored...

No eyes on Pacific or Europe which mean any of the members their can climb mount doom and cast their ctr rings into the lava with out being seen.

I also don't see it as needing eyes on a certain area. To me, having someone in the east makes sense as the US is so large. But I also see where they have put representatives in areas where the church is growing rapidly.