Well church is over for today

Roseslipper

Church was great as usual. I didn't want to go didn't sleep much plus it was cold Sacrament was just for me today and I would of missed it if I didn't go. So I'm glad I went. I go most of the time these days. I don't want to ever go inactive again. The church has grown so much down here in south fl. In 79 there were only 2 meeting houses and 3 wards. Today another ward was made they took people out of two wards and made another one. our wards are so big down here. My ward was split again about 5 months ago we had over 1000 people on our roles. I think we have 9 wards now 2 branches that will soon be wards I know that they been wanting to make another stake for a long time already. The Church is growing its all good. :)

We will now have two temples.

What's going on in the church in your part of the world?

Pam I noticed I forgot the r in church in the title can u fix it? If so ty.

Edited by Roseslipper

Church was great as usual. I didn't want to go didn't sleep much plus it was cold Sacrament was just for me today and I would of missed it if I didn't go. So I'm glad I went. I go most of the time these days. I don't want to ever go inactive again. The church has grown so much down here in south fl. In 79 there were only 2 meeting houses and 3 wards. Today another ward was made they took people out of two wards and made another one. our wards are so big down here. My ward was split again about 5 months ago we had over 1000 people on our roles. I think we have 9 wards now 2 branches that will soon be wards I know that they been wanting to make another stake for a long time already. The Church is growing its all good. :)

We will now have two temples.

What's going on in the church in your part of the world?

Pam I noticed I forgot the r in church in the title can u fix it? If so ty.

The church has not grown to fast here in Southern Missouri or this part of the Bible Belt. We still struggle as a Branch and still struggle with numbers.

In but three weeks, our Stake President, who has been remarkable in his role, will be released and a new Presidency called. Once-in-a-decade kind of thing, so it should be interesting. As his Exec Sec, I'm one of the 25-30 that actually gets interviewed by the Area President when he comes here to call a new one - it won't be me, but that should be interesting.

Our stake is growing quite well; while it's never great to speculate, a new ward or two could well be formed by splitting a couple of the bigger wards within the next year or two. Reports are that the other stakes are relatively stagnant, or possibly even shrinking; possible boundary changes could lead to the nearest to us taking one of our wards.

Oh and 18-19 year olds are receiving mission calls, getting endowed, and flying out in droves.

Canada seems sporatic about things, Alberta seems to be our Mormon belt (since that's where the first Mormons came and the first temple was made)

in Ontario, there's only 1 temple, in Toronto (oddly enough not in Ottawa-the national capital, I guess the Mormon population there isn't all that big there, I donno)

Where I live, I don't think the Meetinghouse is all that old, since its close to the edge of town.

I think Winnipeg is getting one, Canada has 9 in total (3 in Alberta and 1 in most other places)

New Brunswick, PEI, and Newfoundland don't have any, nor do any of the Territories

In but three weeks, our Stake President, who has been remarkable in his role, will be released and a new Presidency called. Once-in-a-decade kind of thing, so it should be interesting. As his Exec Sec, I'm one of the 25-30 that actually gets interviewed by the Area President when he comes here to call a new one - it won't be me, but that should be interesting.

Our stake is growing quite well; while it's never great to speculate, a new ward or two could well be formed by splitting a couple of the bigger wards within the next year or two. Reports are that the other stakes are relatively stagnant, or possibly even shrinking; possible boundary changes could lead to the nearest to us taking one of our wards.

Oh and 18-19 year olds are receiving mission calls, getting endowed, and flying out in droves.

Thats a good thing about the 18-19 yrs going out into the mission field. When it first happen I thought that was too young...They look like such babies....I guess that happens when you get older...But they seem so much more spiritual, dont u agree??

Thats a good thing about the 18-19 yrs going out into the mission field. When it first happen I thought that was too young...They look like such babies....I guess that happens when you get older...But they seem so much more spiritual, dont u agree??

I certainly agree that those heading out on missions now are better prepared for the task than the generations gone before.

We sang 'If You Could Hie to Kolob.' I cried like a baby. Very embarrassing. I sit up front and felt that the entire bishopric was looking at me, but, I am totally moved by the words.

It's actually one of my favorite hymns.

We sang 'If You Could Hie to Kolob.' I cried like a baby. Very embarrassing. I sit up front and felt that the entire bishopric was looking at me, but, I am totally moved by the words.

I don't believe that the ward Ive been in have song that song in way to long. So many good hymns that are not sung.....:confused: