Mormon/Evangelical Marriage

This is only true of the wife's increase, as far as the church is concerned. wolfpackpilot or any non-LDS person has no obligation to pay tithes to the LDS church as they have made no covenant to do so. It sounds like he has already covenanted to pay tithes to his own church which is perfectly fine. The bishop will not hold his wife responsible for that, and she will be a full tithe payer however they decide to pay to the Lord.

Ditto.

My understanding is that tithing is due to HF, not the church itself per say. (Not that we EVER debate tithing ; )

It sounds to me like this couple is making a spiritual and wholehearted effort to do their best both to HF & to themselves/each other with their planning. Whether they take 10% of their increase and split it equally between their two faiths! or keep finances separate and have Mrs. tithe on hers to her church, and Mr. tithe on his to his church... They're still following Gods law.

Q

This is only true of the wife's increase, as far as the church is concerned. wolfpackpilot or any non-LDS person has no obligation to pay tithes to the LDS church as they have made no covenant to do so. It sounds like he has already covenanted to pay tithes to his own church which is perfectly fine. The bishop will not hold his wife responsible for that, and she will be a full tithe payer however they decide to pay to the Lord.

Right. I know. That's what I said.

Ditto.

My understanding is that tithing is due to HF, not the church itself per say. (Not that we EVER debate tithing ; )

It sounds to me like this couple is making a spiritual and wholehearted effort to do their best both to HF & to themselves/each other with their planning. Whether they take 10% of their increase and split it equally between their two faiths! or keep finances separate and have Mrs. tithe on hers to her church, and Mr. tithe on his to his church... They're still following Gods law.

Q

True!!!

Not necessarily so, as long as it is 10% of the member herselfs income, it doesnt matter where her partners tithing money goes.

I know. I didn't say anything about his income. I taught this stuff on the mission so I'm not a novice. Rather than take what I said how you guess, take it for what I actually said. Thanks.

I know. I didn't say anything about his income. I taught this stuff on the mission so I'm not a novice. Rather than take what I said how you guess, take it for what I actually said. Thanks.

But apexviper, you responded to the OP's post where he says that he and his future wife plan to "split our 10% equally between the churches..." and you said...

I just want to point out that the teaching of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saint is the entire 10% goes toward the church, not half.

Why would we not think that you are talking about his part of the 10% also?

M.

Well all...

After much prayer, dates, thought, talking to my children, and an awesome breakfast with her bishop and my pastor... I'm going ring shopping!

This Wesleyan guy is going to ask the most awesome Mormon woman on earth if she will marry me!

She's too good to let slip away! And just like her bishop said at breakfast....

"We all believe Jesus Christ is Lord, in the end God will work it all out for those that believe".

Bill

The ring won't be ready until April 10th... So I'm thinking about doing something epic!! Something that would make her NEVER expect a proposal. :)

On a side note... I have truly been blessed by her family and her deceased husbands family (all mormons). They have been kind,accepting, and very hospitable to me and my children. I have no fears going forward.

Bill

No one? Anybody?

Surely someone knows someone who could offer advice on my situation?

I haven't read through all the answers after this question; however, it would appear you have been asked important questions which result in good advice.

In your situation, as a Christian, then these words should ring true to you also:

"THE FAMILY is ordained of God. Marriage between man and woman is essential to His eternal plan. Children are entitled to birth within the bonds of matrimony, and to be reared by a father and a mother who honor marital vows with complete fidelity. Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities. By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families. Mothers are primarily responsible for the nurture of their children. In these sacred responsibilities, fathers and mothers are obligated to help one another as equal partners. Disability, death, or other circumstances may necessitate individual adaptation. Extended families should lend support when needed." (The Family: A Proclamation to the Word).