Covenants to keep? Baptism

walkingwithgrace

I was doing some reading here and just thought of a question. What are the convenants that one agrees to before baptism? What is required of someone in order to be baptised and join the church? I understand that there is a one year period before you can get a temple recommendation but how does the baptism work? I'm not quite sure how to word what I am thinking. Basically, what "rules" does one agree to or need to have testimony to live before they can join? I am very new to all of this and am just trying to get as much information as I can.

The covenant details are found in the sacrament prayers.

The crux is to keep the commandments. There are specific commandments that are used to judge the potential converts dedication to living the covenant, and they are pretty much the same as the temple requirements. Belief in Christ, belief in the gospel as restored through His church, a willingness to attend church regularly, honesty, chastity/fidelity, tithing, Word of Wisdom, etc. These are outward signs that you are living or willing to accept in order to enter the covenant of Baptism.