How is everyone doing on their exercise programs in 2014?

Still_Small_Voice

How is everyone doing on their exercise programs in 2014?

I am not recording my cardiovascular exercises, but this is all I have recorded so far as of February 24th. I am also not recording my bicept exercises but I am doing them. I need to ramp it up.

353 push ups

583 leg lifts

I've been doing super terribly...

My husband is not doing the stuff with me anymore. He's doing the BJJ thing with my boys now. So, I'm not getting any motivation to do the videos. I tried the BJJ... then I was doing this plank and my sweat was dripping like a faucet down onto the mat... and so was everyone elses... and we had to roll in it. I almost gagged. I know, I know... I'm being a whiner. But, I can't get over that thing. Even after my husband got me this really cute pink and white gi...

I started off fantastic Diamond Dallas Page yoga, 3-4 days a week. But, it started killing my back. So, I have switched to SuperSlow/Power of 10/Body by Science workouts for the last two weeks. I will never run a marathon doing these, but, my back is starting to feel better.

My exercise program starts in March :D

I seriously don't know why, but excluding snowsports, other kids of exercise seem cursed in winter. Plague by illness, injury, inlaws, broken cars, and heaven knows what else... I have NEVER been able to have an exercise program in Jan&Feb. Ever. So I dont even try until the Ides of March. Then I'm good until December.

Q

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I did well for a while... was running 3 5Ks a week over the summer... then middle school started and instead of running, I'm making these cutesy lunches every single day...

DCF35BC3-CD0E-4B0D-A9A7-4266A9CE9FA9_zps

So... exercise went out the window.

I happened to succeed with my goal for 2014. I wanted to hex-bar deadlift 2 1/2 times my bodyweight which I did on Dec 11th lifting 400 lbs at a body-weight of 160 lbs. My intent sharing this being to hopefully showcase that it (fitness goals) can be done and possibly inspire others, I'm aware it may come off as bragging - I am pleased with myself though. Hopefully 2015 is a great year for the rest of you as well :)

I exercise for one and  a half hours at physical therapy 3 times a week. It's a full body workout with the last 15 minutes having the TENS unit on my knee with ice pack and on my back with heat pack. Once I am done with PT I will continue with my exercise plan.

Edited by AngelMarvel

I happened to succeed with my goal for 2014. I wanted to hex-bar deadlift 2 1/2 times my bodyweight which I did on Dec 11th lifting 400 lbs at a body-weight of 160 lbs. My intent sharing this being to hopefully showcase that it (fitness goals) can be done and possibly inspire others, I'm aware it may come off as bragging - I am pleased with myself though. Hopefully 2015 is a great year for the rest of you as well :)

Quit yer braggin.'   :P

Here is my update on my progress from January 2014 until now:

4,201 pushups 
5,227 leg lifts  
1,416 curls since April 1st 2014

I looked in the mirror the other day and liked the progress I have made.  May I encourage all to forget the past if you are not doing well and start now to focus on the future for better health.

Edited by Still_Small_Voice

• 1 month later...

A friend of mine forwarded me a really scary news story about sitting at your desk.  Some medical research has shown a possible link between sitting at a desk all day and all kinds of medical woes, such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and early death.  And exercising 30 minutes at the end of the day doesn't undo the damage of sitting.

It scared the daylights out of me.  I moved my computer to a drafting table that I can raise up high so I can stand as I work.  Every 30 minutes I get up and walk around the house, and every 2 hours I walk around my block 3 times (20 minutes).  

After two weeks I feel much better and have lost 2 pounds without even trying.  (But my block is on a really, really steep hill.)