Getting DRAMA for not liking/buying a product!

lagarthaaz

Regardless of political party--being worthy of eternal condemnation goes hand-in-hand with the presidency, methinks. :satan:

I am a huge fan of diplomatic honesty. There's no need to cause offence, just tell her a polite straight message either by email or face to face about what you want and why.

- Assert that you have told her that you're are not interested in her product not just because of the reviews but you really don't need it.

- Tell her that you feel that being contacted through the ward directory for anything other than church related business or general welfare enquiries is inappropriate and goes against the church policy and although you admire her business acumen you'd rather not be contacted but wish her the best of luck.

- If she persists mention that you will take it up with the RS president and the bishopric/Ward Council

Sorry, but I have to laugh at this woman's behavior, especially making you the recipient of that Facebook meme. Wow, but Kool-Aid has been drunk somewhere.

Anywho, your first mistake was explaining reasons for not wanting to buy her product. "No" is most efficient when it's simply "no." When you explain your reasons or excuses for "no", you are in fact presenting a problem, and problems, theoretically, can be solved. Which is why she was trying to remedy your complaints.

From here on out, send those emails straight to the spam folder or even block her address if need be.

I agree entirely with those suggesting you just ignore any further correspondence on the matter, after you've given a firm but polite 'no thank you'. Arguing with a a sales person about their product rarely works as they will always have an answer and counter argument to every concern that you have - they have to, it's part of their job to.

Arguing about it also destroys friendships and relationships if that person is someone you know, which is why I learnt very early on to never do business with family or close friends.

"You lost me at hello..."

There's no need to reply. Not even to the first email. Not even a No, Thank You. No drama.

If you want the emails to stop, don't say you're going to move emails to spam. No. This is only good for telemarketers you don't have to see on Sunday or end up as a Visiting Teaching companion. Instead, send out a Relief Society Ward Broadcast email copied to the Bishop to request that your email address be removed from non-Church-related emails. If you receive another email, resend the broadcast. If it still continues, talk to the RS President and the bishop about removing your email address from non-Church-related emails. This makes the thing non-personal.

If you don't mind receiving the emails in case you do find something interesting to buy, only reply to those you are interested in getting. No drama.

Sorry, but I have to laugh at this woman's behavior, especially making you the recipient of that Facebook meme. Wow, but Kool-Aid has been drunk somewhere.

Anywho, your first mistake was explaining reasons for not wanting to buy her product. "No" is most efficient when it's simply "no." When you explain your reasons or excuses for "no", you are in fact presenting a problem, and problems, theoretically, can be solved. Which is why she was trying to remedy your complaints.

From here on out, send those emails straight to the spam folder or even block her address if need be.

Had this happen to me. The RS President sent an email out to EVERYONE in the Branch that had email address's and did NOT put our addresses in BCC - thus this young sister got and used our email addresses as her mailing list for new products she was attempting to sell.

I hunted down the letter regarding using the LDS Church Directories for business use. Sent her a copy via email with the request to remove me from her mailing list(s). A few days later I got about 12 new email marketing letters.

That Sunday in RS, I used the 5 minutes of *Good News* time, to pass around the letter from the 1st Presidency about using church member directories for business mailings, along with abbreviated copies of the emails Sis YYY had sent me. Then I turned to her and asked: Now do you understand:*NO - Take. Me. Off. Your. Mailing. Lists*!!

Was that rude of me. Absolutely! Probably tactless too. BUT it worked. She took ALL of us off the dozen or so mailing lists she had sold, yes SOLD, our email addresses to. It was also Branch Conference, so ALL of the Stake Presidencies were in attendance.

From then on, the RS, PH, Primary, and Branch Presidency made it mandatory to ALWAYS put the email addresses into BCC when a mass emailing was sent out.

"You lost me at hello..."

There's no need to reply. Not even to the first email. Not even a No, Thank You. No drama.

If you want the emails to stop, don't say you're going to move emails to spam. No. This is only good for telemarketers you don't have to see on Sunday or end up as a Visiting Teaching companion. Instead, send out a Relief Society Ward Broadcast email copied to the Bishop to request that your email address be removed from non-Church-related emails. If you receive another email, resend the broadcast. If it still continues, talk to the RS President and the bishop about removing your email address from non-Church-related emails. This makes the thing non-personal.

If you don't mind receiving the emails in case you do find something interesting to buy, only reply to those you are interested in getting. No drama.

I completely agree with anatess and Backroads.

Had this happen to me. The RS President sent an email out to EVERYONE in the Branch that had email address's and did NOT put our addresses in BCC - thus this young sister got and used our email addresses as her mailing list for new products she was attempting to sell.

I hunted down the letter regarding using the LDS Church Directories for business use. Sent her a copy via email with the request to remove me from her mailing list(s). A few days later I got about 12 new email marketing letters.

That Sunday in RS, I used the 5 minutes of *Good News* time, to pass around the letter from the 1st Presidency about using church member directories for business mailings, along with abbreviated copies of the emails Sis YYY had sent me. Then I turned to her and asked: Now do you understand:*NO - Take. Me. Off. Your. Mailing. Lists*!!

Was that rude of me. Absolutely! Probably tactless too. BUT it worked. She took ALL of us off the dozen or so mailing lists she had sold, yes SOLD, our email addresses to. It was also Branch Conference, so ALL of the Stake Presidencies were in attendance.

From then on, the RS, PH, Primary, and Branch Presidency made it mandatory to ALWAYS put the email addresses into BCC when a mass emailing was sent out.

Oh those memes... love them :D I can't post any of them though, I'm in the Primary Pres and have to behave in public :P

Thanks for the suggestions all. I've loosely plagiarized Beefche's message and sent it, and added 'please refrain from sending me any more links or emotional defenses of Product X'. She replied that she wasn't going to, she only wrote in the first place to put me in touch with products that might 'help' me, and I 'should just talk to Sister XX who tried them and is feeling fantastic.' I didn't respond, because as has been noted here...that hasn't worked out. If she wants the last say, it's all hers - I really couldn't care less as long as she leaves me be.

Much as I'd like to, I don't want to send her the links about pyramid schemes, as she swears this particular company isn't a pyramid scheme, the profits are split between the seller and the company. She also hasn't used the ward list, instead using existing email lists and facebook contacts, which is a convenient way of getting around the ward list problem I think. She and I have been in contact in the past because our daughters are the same age and I take them out for play-dates sometimes.

So today was church and I decided to take the Loudmouth Mormon approach - upbeat, 'hi, how are you, moving right along now...'. I got a bit of a death stare in response and a cool 'hello'. About ten minutes later I saw her standing outside the Primary room going off at her son's teacher and then insisting her son goes to into another teacher's class. Clearly not in a good mood.

As I'm leaving at the end of the day, the aforementioned Sister XX approaches me for an unusually friendly chat - which sent my anti-sales-pitch senses tingling. (This is the same person who some months ago invited me for a 'girls night' at her place, just for fun of course, and oh, by the way one of her friends was going to be there demonstrating some awesome cleaning products, but there's no obligation to buy, it really is just a fun night for us girls), bleh.

Anyway, Sister XX has lost a small amount of weight and is rightfully feeling proud of herself, so I did the nice thing and told her she was looking great, hoping to make a quick exit. She immediately said "Well I've lost the weight through diet and exercise, but the past couple of weeks I've been taking Product X, because after taking just one free sample, my energy levels were through the roof!" Would it be a stretch to think that Sister X and Sister XX had a discussion about my 'negative' response to Product Snake Oil and Sister XX decided to make it her business to give me her product testimonial at her earliest convenience?

I swear... I feel like Dr Evil "why must I be surrounded by <insert wholesome expletive here> idiots?"

I grabbed my kids and cheerily said "See you next week!"

Then I came home and made a sandwich :D Seriously - ham, cheese and tomato - toasted. Delish.

Thanks again everyone, and also for the laughs - every post here was really helpful.

She took ALL of us off the dozen or so mailing lists she had sold, yes SOLD, our email addresses to. It was also Branch Conference, so ALL of the Stake Presidencies were in attendance.

Wow, I'm lost for words over that one. She must have lost all reason for a moment to do that. Good policy for leaders to BCC.

Yikes. There's a time and a place. . .

Yikes. There's a time and a place. . .

Yes there is and she was totally clueless as to it. Our little branch weren't the only members she was emailing - she included the entire STAKE!

I am NOT politically correct. You will get one friendly warning and if you do not take heed, then you will get a double barreled attack.

So, now - Y'all have been forewarned.

I don't even know what BCC means. And, wouldn't know how to do it. Good thing I never have to do mass emailing.

I don't even know what BCC means. And, wouldn't know how to do it. Good thing I never have to do mass emailing.

CC = carbon copy

BCC = blind carbon copy

If you had a problem with your child's teacher at school, and you wanted to work things out, you might email the teacher, but CC the principal. The principal sees the email, but knows that it's not necessarily directed at him/her. If you were concerned about potential backlash from the teacher, however, you might BCC the principal, so they received it, but the teacher wouldn't know that the principal saw it as well.

When you compose an email, you enter the person's address in the "to" field. Below it should be fields labeled "CC" and "BCC." You enter email addresses there, just the same as in the "to" field.

sounds like Doterra or Young Living Essentials. My brother and his wife are in huge debt over it, fileing bankruptcy and loosing a half million dollar home in Eagle Mountain. It has also really hurt his relationship with me, my siblings, my parents. His marriage is on the rocks, and I feel sorry for his 5 children.

Edited by Scotch

Yes there is and she was totally clueless as to it. Our little branch weren't the only members she was emailing - she included the entire STAKE!

I am NOT politically correct. You will get one friendly warning and if you do not take heed, then you will get a double barreled attack.

So, now - Y'all have been forewarned.

Publicly humiliating her and, even worse, using RS time to drive such contention, is very much like using a double-barrel shotgun to kill a fly. You'll probably miss, and there will be a lot of collateral damage.

sounds like Doterra or Young Living Essentials. My brother and his wife are in huge debt over it, fileing bankruptcy and loosing a half million dollar home in Eagle Mountain. It has also really hurt his relationship with me, my siblings, my parents. His marriage is on the rocks, and I feel sorry for his 5 children.

How sad for your family, I hope things eventually work out for the best. No, this isn't either of those companies.