Mock Election! Who should be President? Only LDS.net posters may be nominated!

prisonchaplain

Wingnut, I thought I recalled Traveller referring to himself as a "scientist" once so that's where that came from.. Could have been someone else though.

Mahone, you'll be a Brit before you know it. My spelling remains British but my accent has rapidly faded and I'm using more and more American terms these days. Even my pronunciation of certain words are now turning more American, like, instead of saying garage as "gair-age" I'm saying "ga-roj".

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suzie, I meant to list you as a school counsellor! Ugh! :) But I think there's a couple positions that only have one teacher, so if you'd rather do music or art, I'm sure Eowyn and Apple wouldn't mind splitting the load! (I'd probably pick one of those two myself, actually.)

Me? School counselor? Poor children of God. :D

Music fits me just right. :)

I can't draw to save my life. :mellow:

Technically we have THREE different ways of writing dates.

Just to confuse the issue further.

1) Civilian

Month DD YYYY or

MM DD YYYY

Mar 15 2014

3/15/14

2) Military A

DDMONTHYYYY

15MAR2014

7MAY1996

2JULY2025

3) Military B

YYYYMMDD if we're going for pure numbers

But let's be clear on something: the whole world should immediately adopt the practice of writing dates as YYYY-MM-DD. It's the only way to make dates sort properly in a list.

If it makes you feel any better, MOE would probably teach all the kids metric instead of American units.

If God intended for man to use the metric system, He would have given him 10 fingers and 10 toes.

I will vote for anybody who makes Europeans get rid of the practice of using commas for decimal notation. I don't care much if Vietnam or Venezuela keep their commas.

If not, then I vote Anatess for Minister of Offense. I've always wanted to just offend people left and right.