Rats!

Gretchen

Question, do you think I should talk to their ward about having someone keep an eye on them? They (my parents) are a bit creeped by the rats/mice (I think they have both), but have no real motivation to do much more than the basic snappy traps (baited with peanutbutter).

Edit: I talked to them. They said straight up they don't want to call an exterminator. UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! </frustration>

Edited by Gretchen

• 1 month later...

It has been several months. They've said they've talked to some people in their ward for advice, but they've all said to use poison, and they don't want to do that. They don't want to call an exterminator, because they think all exterminator will do is set traps, wheich they can do themselves (but have not for about a month.) I'm super tempted to call the health and saftey department on them (or maybe APS, as they do have a son there who's autistic), but I feel like I'd be a backstabber if I do (for many reasons).

I'm thinking of sending them, their ward executive secretary (he's the only one in their ward I have the e-mail address for, he might be able to pass it on to their bishop, right?), and my bishopric an e-mail saying they have a month to get things straightened up before I take action aka call and report.

Do you think that would be too mean?

The exterminator were never able to rid our last home of mice! We did some heavy duty stuff. They felt the empty house next door was why. And the farm across the street.

It's a big reason why we moved. I couldn't take it anymore. The daily cleaning of droppings, seeing the droppings in our kid's rooms. It was so gross. It's also when health problems started for our family.

I'm paranoid now in the new house about getting visitors.

I don't know why they picked our house. But they were in walls it was so bad. And their entry ways were through the air vents in foundation and the water heater line that ran from the garage inside the laundry room. I caught most of them in that area. I never found nests. Oh and they also came and went from behind our stove; there was a hole in the wall from installation. And in our floor air/heat vents. They'd crawl up through the air ducts. It was a mess and the landlord wouldn't do anything but set bait poison. We delt with it for 6 months or so. Ours started in October.

The house was also very new, modern. So it's not just old houses. We lived in a very nice neighborhood too but that house next to us was practically abandoned and who knows what the mice were up to in there.