Return Sister Missionary Struggling with Garments

aligirl12

Comfortable or not, you have made a covenant to wear your temple garments, so you should make attempts to do so. Maybe start off small, wear them for an hour a day and see how you go. Then slowly build yourself up. Endowed members shouldnt be looking for reasons not to wear their garments, but should be focusing on reasons why they are a blessing. I understand they scrunch up, get hot and sweaty and dont work with a lot of fashions. As endowed members, we are somewhat *set apart*. Where much is given, much is required. I agree they may get uncomfortable, but it is a small price to pay for the blessings the temple brings. I understand that you are having psychological issues with the garment, but you havent really elaborated enough for me to offer more advice. All the best with it

• 2 months later...

Do you know how happy and relived I am to have finally found someone who feels the same exact way I do?? I don't feel my family or friends would understand so I only talk to my hubby about it. 

A little background about me...I am a returned sister missionary, sealed in the temple, Byu-I graduate, and have a baby. I too have depression/anxiety and am taking natural supplements for it and reading a book on it. 

With that being said, I feel constricted and trapped in garments. When I don't wear them, I feel freedom...literal FREEDOM and happiness. However, I feel judged by others when I don't (probably just my own self-consciousness!) In reality, people probably don't care or at least they shouldn't! No one understands where our hearts are at but the Lord himself. 

Just wanted you to know that you are not alone.

Do you know how happy and relived I am to have finally found someone who feels the same exact way I do?? I don't feel my family or friends would understand so I only talk to my hubby about it. 

A little background about me...I am a returned sister missionary, sealed in the temple, Byu-I graduate, and have a baby. I too have depression/anxiety and am taking natural supplements for it and reading a book on it. 

With that being said, I feel constricted and trapped in garments. When I don't wear them, I feel freedom...literal FREEDOM and happiness. However, I feel judged by others when I don't (probably just my own self-consciousness!) In reality, people probably don't care or at least they shouldn't! No one understands where our hearts are at but the Lord himself. 

Just wanted you to know that you are not alone.

I completely agree. . . Only the Lord knows our hearts.  We all get to choose!  What a marvelous gift Agency is.  I am thankful for the gift of Agency.  No one should judge and most likely no one is noticing whether you have garments on or not unless you are wearing tank tops and shorts.  :)

And yet, the Lord has commanded us to be obedient.  Blessings come when we make the sacrifices necessary to be obedient.  Endowed members are commanded to wear the garment.