I wonder...

Dr T

I was shopping at Barnes & Nobles yesterday and purchased a Peppermint mocha and the licensed stores were having a 50% off on that drink so when I asked, "May I have the 50% off deal on that?" she said, "We don't work for Starbucks and are Barnes and Nobel employees.  We don't do this deals."  I wonder why they don't do deals like the regular stores? They said, "We get all the material from Starbucks and sell their pastries but we don't participate in those discounts." I really wonder why?  I still spend the money but if they sold it for half off like the others I'd feel better about saving $2.50 ish.  

I wonder....

....If the Colorado Avalanche or Rockies will win another title in the future.

....why you drive on a parkway, but then park on your driveway.

....how long it would take to travel to, and do a session in, every currently open temple on the earth. 

....if the sealed portion of the BoM will be revealed at the beginning of the millennium, as new scripture tends to be a key opening moment in each new dispensation.

....what Pres. Monson's favorite kind of music was as he grew up.

I wonder how bad killing of police officers will get?  I wonder what defense officers and other officials need to use to protect themselves from the public?  I wonder what it would be like with no law enforcement in the United States?  

As a youngster I sat in a lawn chair with two teen girls. I saw the tag that read "THIS TAG IS NOT TO BE REMOVED UNDER PENALTY OF LAW" I played with the tag and accidently pulled off the tag. Soon after I pulled it off we heard police sirens and the girls said "they know u ripped off the tag and they're coming to take you to jail. I was really scared and tried to play it off as not being scared. I wonder why that tag is there and how much hard time I will spend behind bars for my crime?

Information:

I wonder about our world and the expanse of information.  It seems like information is growing at an incredible pace.  I wonder how long it will take to catch up with all the new data/material/thoughts?  I wonder if there is a way to sum it all up in an interesting and devour-able way.  I wonder how this information will be useful and destructive?  I wonder if we can figure out  a system for all of it.  I wonder if this concept can bring in money for somebody?  I wonder if I can get a piece of that for the idea?  

Batteries: I have always stored batteries in the house refrigerator.  I was told to put them in the fridge as a child and I still do.  

I wonder if it actually extends battery life or if it is just a habit.

I figured the cold slowed everything as my reason for thinking it would save battery life.  I wonder if that is a realistic thought about batteries.   

Batteries stay on the store shelf and not in the refrigerated section.  I wonder if I keep my batteries dry and on the shelf in the house if they would do just as well or better than in the refrigerator?  

I wonder why the people who dish it out sure can't take it.

I was recently listening to a recording of "Fresh Air" with Terry Gross.  The show was a rebroadcast of pieces of previous interviews of Joan Rivers, who passed away last September.  As you may know, Joan Rivers cracked an endless stream of really mean jokes about Elizabeth Taylor and her weight problem: "Elizabeth Taylor has more chins than a Chinese telephone directory.  She puts mayonnaise on aspirin.  She is the only woman who stands in front of a microwave and screams Hurry!"

But during the interview we learned that Rivers was profoundly insulted and greatly offended whenever people referred to her as "young," as in "you are 80 years young." What a strange thing to be offended by, and how amazing that her skin would be so thin about this when she hurled such searing, hurtful jokes at others.  

I thought about this off and on over the last few days, and I cannot understand it.

Price of blowing your nose:

Yesterday we were debating use of Kleenex vs Toilet paper for blowing your nose.  My 6 year old son would use approximately  3 feet'ish of toilet paper to blow his nose.  I told him to use a Kleenex instead and was told "It costs more money to use the Kleenex." I disagree with that assertion given the amount of toilet paper he was using.  I wonder though if we used the same amounts of both?  I wonder what you all use?  Are there any handkerchief users?  :)

I read a Ray Bradbury about culture being lost to burned books and losing people that read which made me wonder: I wonder if it is worse for our country to have banned books or for our country to lose interest in reading in general? I wonder if reading banned books is useful for thinking or more detrimental to the thought process?

I am 18 years too young to have ever seen my nation at war with another nation. But I do not consider that a great triumph of diplomacy so much as a cynical subversion of the US Constitution, which assigns Congress the duty to declare war, not the President and his executive orders. If and when World War III happens, we will likely fight through it and perhaps even be overcome by it without ever actually declaring ourselves to be in a state of war.