I wonder...

Dr T

I wonder about Ebola:

I wonder what I would do if I was in Africa and contracted ebola?

I wonder if I would stay there or if I'd come back to the USA for treatment?  

I wonder if staying there would be wise because if I died then that would be one person and not risking many more people?  

I wonder what the best option would be?

I wonder what you would do in a situation like this?

Silent letters:  I wonder why we use them, from what language they come like in the old English words, etc.

I've wondered about "silent letters" in the English language for awhile.  I've asked my children, "Why is it a knife (but I pronounce the k) and not a kspoon or a kfork?  Then drift off saying, "I don't know why..."    

I wonder if you all have ever noticed on your own about how many silent letters there are?  I can easily think of silent Ks, Ps, Bs, Hs, Ts, but what about Wednesday's "d", how about autumn's "n" or the "L" in talk that I don't pronounce as I learned when I was at UNI in training in SLC and my supervisor said, "caLm" when I noticed I pronounced it without the l just like I do with salmon?  How about the Cs? Gs like assign or feign?  Ws like in Wrapper or in sword?  I wonder if I'm just not pronouncing the words correctly?  Maybe it's me...   :eek:

Edited by Dr T

I wonder what the research says about offenders serving time in their residence vs prison time says?

I wonder if is effective, no change in behavior, saves the state money, leaves them too close to their community where the crimes happened, how safe it is, is it a better option?  

I used to run track.  I was a sprinter and would run the 100, 200, 400. 4x1 and 4x4 relays.  I was recently wondering, why?  Why did I do that in the first place I mean run full out all the way around the track as fast as I could was I ill?  Ok besides running the race which I excelled in but I was really wondering, Why are the 4's run in a counter clockwise path?  I read why today and found it pretty interesting. 

I wonder if Orson Wells was brought up on charges or prosecuted for society's War of The Worlds  response like the people that killed themselves because of fear aliens landed on Earth?  I wonder how far the response really too people?

I wonder how much the service project I'm doing with our missionaries tomorrow will tire me out, and if I'll get sick from trying to do too much.

Edited to add: All went well, the Elders came, too, and helped with the heavy duty stuff.

I wonder if kids will try to come trick-or-treating at our house tonight even though we will be under "blackout" conditions.

Edited by Silhouette

I wonder about third world counties.  I often hear of third world poverty, etc and started wondering about "world" issues.  I wonder if there is a second world, how about a fourth world?  Is there a 1 and a third world?  I wonder what and who this people are...

• 2 weeks later...

Diseases like MS are horrible.  BUT  if this was released to the public http://www.utahpeoplespost.com/2014/11/lemtrada-the-drug-fighting-against-multiple-sclerosis-relapse-approved-by-fda/ I wonder why the FDA denied it before?  I wonder how much it would take for me to weigh in on the benefits and the possible dangers as a decision for socienty?  What are the medical ethics involved?  I wonder if you saw the price?  

Meteorites:

I wonder how to star hunting meteorites?

I wonder how much they are worth and what to do with them once I find one?

I wonder if they need to be cut to see the beauty?  

I wonder how to figure out what metals are in each one?

I wonder how to get my kids into this 

• 4 weeks later...

WARNING this I wonder is kind of gross so read at your own risk.

I wonder, if somebody was dehydrated and needing water and as a last resort to stay alive until found "Would dunking urine keep that person alive if somebody found them?

I wonder what would happen to that person?

Edited by Dr T

I wonder, if somebody was dehydrated and needing water and as a last resort to stay alive until found "Would dunking urine keep that person alive if somebody found them?

Yes to a certain extent but with decreasing effectiveness; it would keep the body hydrated but each time you drank it and your body processed it, the toxicity level increases and the actual amount of water for hydration decreases. I really hope I'm never in that situation.

Pretty sure drinking urine hastens dehydration. You'll die faster from drinking your urine than if you don't. Other than the dehydrating effect, though, it's perfectly safe and sterile as long as you don't have a bladder or kidney infection. Might not give you socially acceptable breath, though.

Earlier this year a young man here in California was arrested and accidentally left alone in a holding cell for several days, and he claims that he performed this act to survive.  Fortunately, he survived.

But even armed with the correct answer to this question, I would not recommend it as an icebreaker at parties to get to know strangers.

I wonder why you, as a doctor,  don't know what would happen... Vort knows it.  :lol:

Edited by JimmiGerman