I wonder...

Dr T

Ant:

This morning I was in my bathroom and I watched a little ant walking across my window.  I did not want that ant to be a scout to bing any other ants so I squished it.  I wonder:

Will the rest of the colony miss it?

Was it a male or female?

How big are ants brains?

What was he doing in my bathroom?

I wondered what it was like for the ant to be alive and then dead?

How much pain did he fill as I quickly snuffed him out with one finger?

I wonder why, genetically, men are at higher (many times) or lower risk than women in many illnesses?  I wonder if it Is related to the Y chromosome? Yes it makes us men and without it they are female.  I wonder what the connection with sex (gender) and disease?  Why men?  God made us different and not the same even though we have been told "We're al the same."  

I used Happy 1 of the 7 dwarves in another thread which made me wonder about the nights of dwarves sometime called little people now and midget is no longer looked on with favor and I am not making fun in any way.  I wonder what the average high of a dwarf?  Is there any shortness in life span of a dwarf?   

I wonder if "wonder" and "wander" share an etymological root.

(And I wonder if ants and beetles share an entomological root, and if colds and flu share an etiological root.)

I wonder if "I Wonder as I Wander" ends on the wrong note.  I've sung it a lot and every time it seems wrong to me.

Edited by PolarVortex

There was recent news of North Korea threatening to attack movie theatres if we played the movie in the United States.  Sony put off airing the movie and they got criticism at allowing terrorists to make decisions for us.  It was aired on the web.  There is two sides to this situation.  If they aired it and there was were shootings/bombings or whatever mayhem came from it then we could say, "They ought to have listened to the warnings before playing it.  If nothing happened we could say, "We won’t let terrorists dictate what happen in the United States."   

I wonder, was it the response of not being attacked that made it right for them not airing it when it was supposed to come out?

I wonder if there was a US attack because of playing the movie what would have actually been said about it?

I wonder how with all the murder such as the cartoonists in France how far this terrorism is going to go?

I wonder how it will impact how we live in the USA?

In the story of the Garden of Eden there was the tree of knowledge of good and evil and the tree of life.  God did not want them to eat of that tree and set to protect it.  He did not want them to live forever.  

I wonder where that tree is now? 

Did it die?

I wonder about Sarai, Abram and Hagar.

Sarai would not bare him children and she asked him to sleep with Hagar to have offspring.  I wonder if that was rated as adultery and wrong or not?  I wonder what went through Abram's mind when she asked him to do that?  I wonder what Hagar thought?  I wonder what God thinks about it?

I wonder about Sarai, Abram and Hagar.

Sarai would not bare him children and she asked him to sleep with Hagar to have offspring.  I wonder if that was rated as adultery and wrong or not?  I wonder what went through Abram's mind when she asked him to do that?  I wonder what Hagar thought?  I wonder what God thinks about it?

Fwiw, Genesis 16:3 very clearly states that Hagar was Abram's wife.