Anyone starting new traditions to go with the new General Women's Meeting?

Jenamarie

My husband and his dad and brothers go together and get ice cream after. I think I might take my daughters to our favorite cute little cafe near the stake center afterwards for dessert.

New tradition? Sure! How about: anyone who can attend the meeting can give the prayer in the meeting(!). With all the buzz surrounding a woman giving a prayer in General Conference, why have I not heard a stir that a child gave the prayer in the General Women\'s meeting? The Church is finally breaking down it\'s ageist barriers. The Joel prophecy is getting fulfilled! What glorious times we live in!

I can only hope that the general meeting and the priesthood meeting follow suit. Who knows, maybe they\'ll call up members in the Conference Center to come up and share their testimonies.

So my daughter and I ended up having a wonderful time! She was already asking when the next one would be, before this one was even over! :) We went to the \"munch and mingle\" hour beforehand, and had lots of yummy food with the other moms and daughters in attendance. Then we watched the *wonderful* broadcast, snuggling with each other for a good amount of it (as did most of the other moms and daughters, from what I saw), then we went to an amazing little hole-in-the-wall pizza place and ate pizza while playing checkers on our table. :)