Life in the Celestial Kingdom

Kirkko

I'm not sure, but I know a lot of people are hoping they'll be a size 2 or have all their hair, that sort of thing, when it comes to "perfection". Still, apart of me feels that we're still stuck in our mortal thinking because I can't imagine that perfection truly equates to all of us being spitting images of Barbie and Ken. I'm not excited of the idea that heaven potentially is going to be full of stepford wives and husbands... I much prefer diversity... different skin colours, different sizes, different features that make us unique.

As far as enjoying things... meh, who knows. I'm sure we'll enjoy the company of family and friends, at least, those that have chosen the same path and are in the same kingdom we are in. I think we'll still appreciate the beauty in creation, even though, at that point we will understand how creation is done.

My beard won't have a bare patch on my cheek so that I can grow it. ;)

My idea though is pretty generic, we'll have a perfected hierarchical society, I picture gardens all over the place and that we will have lots of work to get done. Honestly I'm not concerned about the details, I just hope one day I can get there to find out.

What does everyone believe life will be like there? Is there anything out there where it is described in much detail? Will our minds be at peace? What kind of things will be enjoyable to us?

I think the best example we have are temples. Both in regards to performing spiritual service for which there may be no thanks to physically putting ourselves in a "clean" environment.

The Traveler

I think that most of our time will be spent helping others with their struggles, afflictions, and trials yet we will have the time, energy, and perfected state of mind to pour out such kindness without end. Our relationships with our families will be perfect. This will also bring joy and peace to us on a level so great that it is difficult to understand in this life.

That's some of my opinions. Here is what I know:

It is not difficult to gain eternal life. I think it's a lot easier than most people realize. Satan uses many lies to discourage people. "I'll be happy in a lower kingdom", "Celestial glory is too hard to obtain", and "I've committed too much sin to be saved" are just a few of the lies Satan uses. Life in the Celestial Kingdom will be perfect peace, joy, and happiness. We can make it!

I think that most of our time will be spent helping others with their struggles, afflictions, and trials yet we will have the time, energy, and perfected state of mind to pour out such kindness without end. Our relationships with our families will be perfect. This will also bring joy and peace to us on a level so great that it is difficult to understand in this life.

It is not difficult to gain eternal life. I think it's a lot easier than most people realize. Satan uses many lies to discourage people. "I'll be happy in a lower kingdom", "Celestial glory is too hard to obtain", and "I've committed too much sin to be saved" are just a few of the lies Satan uses. Life in the Celestial Kingdom will be perfect peace, joy, and happiness. We can make it!

What "others" are you referring to that have struggles, afflictions and trials? Do you mean "others" who are in a probationary state?

I'm fairly certain it will be like graduating from Kindergarten. Our parents jump up and down with joy, we are standing there so proud and happy and glowing from having accomplished such a monumental achievement and with all that new knowledge that has made us who we are as Kindergartners. Then we hit the books, back on the grind, trying to finish First Grade with the realization that graduating from college is still soooo far away... yet it's great because we love learning and knowing more and becoming better and better and better... one grade at a time.

What "others" are you referring to that have struggles, afflictions and trials? Do you mean "others" who are in a probationary state?

The "others" would be those who we have been called to help or have stewardship over.

One of my personal beliefs (which might be completely incorrect) is that many things on earth are patterned after eternal concepts. For example, willing service to others is essential to salvation and it is an eternal principle that has no end. When pure service is given, it brings tremendous joy to both the person giving the service and the person receiving the gift.

Here on earth, the home and visiting teaching programs are one way we are able to give service. I feel that in the eternities there will be similar programs. Who we will be visiting and/or helping I do not know. I feel that there will always be a need to help others who are in mortality or in an immortal state.

I believe we'll have work that suits us and that we're very happy in. I believe that we will have all the time we desire with our loved ones. I believe we'll get to enjoy things that make us happy, like music, travel, food, art, sports, etc.

I see it, for me, in a sad light. None of my friends or family will be there (assuming I make it there), I'll be surrounded by people I don't know and probably don't like! lol

At what cost would I get there?

Awww come on.

You can't know that none of your friends and family will be there and I bet you'll know and remember everyone that's there. It will be a happy reunion.

I am pretty sure we will like everyone there.

Awww come on.

You can't know that none of your friends and family will be there and I bet you'll know and remember everyone that's there. It will be a happy reunion.

I am pretty sure we will like everyone there.

Well I don't ever see any of my friends or family joining the LDS church, or any church, my family is very anti-church (or full blown atheists)

And my friends couldn't care less about religion or God...

I think I will be alone, or rather with whatever future girl I end up with, who somehow got along with me enough to marry me...:lol:

I'd be the only LDS in my family to date-both sides.

What does everyone believe life will be like there? Is there anything out there where it is described in much detail? Will our minds be at peace? What kind of things will be enjoyable to us?

I can only imagine my strongest feelings of love, like the love that I have for my family.

That's the best thing that I can imagine only stronger love than I have ever felt before.

I wanna know what life is like in the other kingdoms, cause that's where my family and friends are going and that's probably where I will end up.

The other kingdoms will be boring to you because your friends and family will have a mighty change of heart after this life. You will be standing next to them in the Celestial Kingdom with a shocked look on your face and your jaw on the floor because Jesus said, "You passed. Nice job, especially considering what you had to go through."

It would be a tragedy to resign one's self to a lower kingdom only to find out later that people we thought would certainly be in a lower kingdom repented and progressed to celestial glory.

I have friends who have fallen away from the Church, one of which is an apostate. They are still good people and I have much hope that with some time they will again find their way to the tree of life. I am going to do the best I can so I can meet them there.

The other kingdoms will be boring to you because your friends and family will have a mighty change of heart after this life. You will be standing next to them in the Celestial Kingdom with a shocked look on your face and your jaw on the floor because Jesus said, "You passed. Nice job, especially considering what you had to go through."

It would be a tragedy to resign one's self to a lower kingdom only to find out later that people we thought would certainly be in a lower kingdom repented and progressed to celestial glory.

I have friends who have fallen away from the Church, one of which is an apostate. They are still good people and I have much hope that with some time they will again find their way to the tree of life. I am going to do the best I can so I can meet them there.

Well if Jesus has my back I suppose I ought to trust him!

D & C Sec 130

1 When the Savior shall appear we shall see him as he is. We shall see that he is a man like ourselves.

2 And that same sociality which exists among us here will exist among us there, only it will be coupled with eternal glory, which glory we do not now enjoy.

I am thinking that without a clear precise and accurate understanding of the Celestial Kingdom - we are fooling ourselves (perhaps even deceiving ourselves) in thinking we want to be there for all eternity.

From everything I have learned of the gospel, I feel the opposite is true. We are fooling ourselves into thinking we don't want to live eternally with our Heavenly Father.

Sometimes we forget who we are: we are children of God, and we are striving to achieve exaltation! We want to live eternally on the highest ground—in the presence of God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. It is called exaltation.

Elder Robert D. Hales Of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

For what other purpose did we come to this earth, if not to progress, become like, and return to our Heavenly Father?