This new forum....

Windseeker

We're trying to get things fixed.  I told them they had better not take away the IP board version until they get these other things to work.  You can also create a new account on the full version too.  Though there are still a couple of glitches with it.  But it's being worked on.

Wahooo!!!  The "View New Content" button is working in the Full Version now.  Thank you Pam, and the behind-the-scenes site admins!

I agree, the site is coming up to full functionality rather nicely. I'm happy to be able to use the "full version" theme now :D

I also like how you can see the view new content  button at all times instead of having to scroll all the way back to the top like on the IP board version.

This is a bit finicky...but...

The View New Content button in the Full Version theme is so close to the user dropdown that I find myself accidentally opening the user drop down often when going to click it...which then covers up the View New Content button and I have to mouse off it and wait for the menu to go away. It's not a major deal...but a bit annoying.

(Edit: or the search dropdown)

This is a bit finicky...but...

The View New Content button in the Full Version theme is so close to the user dropdown that I find myself accidentally opening the user drop down often when going to click it...which then covers up the View New Content button and I have to mouse off it and wait for the menu to go away. It's not a major deal...but a bit annoying.

(Edit: or the search dropdown)

i won't be submitting this as an issue.  I tried that to get the same thing and as soon as I moved my mouse the dropdown went away. Took all of 1 second.

Just a bit of formatting....mostly to be a wiseacre:

if (horrible) {

make unhorrible;

}

If I was writing c but that was bash ;) 

I did write it wrong anyways it's actually more like:

if [ (horrible) ]

then

make unhorrible

fi

ah well it's been a very long time since I've done anything with bash

I've noticed something in the last day or two.  Yesterday it was on one of MOE's posts, and this morning in a post from JAG, both experienced posters who are familiar with basic posting how-tos.  They each shared links in a post (each time it was also the first post in a thread, which might make a difference?), but the links only went directly to the thread in which they were being posted.  I'm not sure if that makes sense.  It was kind-of like a "how do you keep an idiot busy?" circle.

I think this is likely a problem with the software, not the posters, because there's no way they could link to their own thread (even by accident) before the thread was even created...

i won't be submitting this as an issue.  I tried that to get the same thing and as soon as I moved my mouse the dropdown went away. Took all of 1 second.

*shrug*  Annoying is annoying whether it goes away in a second or not. Having a button hidden directly below a mouse-hover drop-down menu is not good design. Seems like it ought to warrant at least a to-be-considered bug...but it's not my site or say.

A suggestion for the forum, can the breadcrumbs be enabled?  It's cumbersome to have to slick out to the main forum menu only to click back, or am I missing something?

I'm not sure I understand what you are meaning.